Patou S/S 2020 : Aurore Franche by Arthur Elgort

iO Donna Corriere Della Sera Digital Edition

I don't know the brand but I love the campaign.

i was about to post that but then i didn't because i didn't want to be too cynical. thank you! :rofl:

it's cute but nobody cares about this. nobody.

The Revival LVMH bought purely to acquire the licensing of 'JOY', Patou's fragrance, to then give it to Dior, because they couldnt have a perfume called JOY without the rights, then hardheartedly resurrect the clothes to make some sort of sense out of the accusation! Craziness.

The Revival LVMH bought purely to acquire the licensing of 'JOY', Patou's fragrance, to then give it to Dior, because they couldnt have a perfume called JOY without the rights, then hardheartedly resurrect the clothes to make some sort of sense out of the accusation! Craziness.
oh really! that's ridiculous! and a shame the original perfume will probably never be produced again. having read about it on wikipedia now, it could have been a great re-launch. but i guess the fragrance business is much more predictable.

i checked their e-shop and their branding feels super dated, notably the oversized logo embroidery. i loved guillaume henry's work for carven so i'm curious about this project. the gladiator high-top trainers with the rooster logo are a big no-no though!

Yikes, I can believe this! Why couldn't Dior just rename Joy to something else? Is there some sort of psychology behind the name?

Yikes, I can believe this! Why couldn't Dior just rename Joy to something else? Is there some sort of psychology behind the name?

Apparently Arlnaut wanted to call it Joy and made it happen! And I think the psychology around it makes sense.

Also weirdly Jennifer Lawrence played JOY in the film JOY and then if the face of JOY which Is odd.

Also weirdly Jennifer Lawrence played JOY in the film JOY and then if the face of JOY which Is odd.

I can see the marketing team relishing at the thought of the public making that connection. That's how unimaginative some of them are.

This quirky branding is 10 years late. Is he targeting contemporary? I don’t think that’s how you do it now. This is so unnecessary in the first place.

Seriously, the clothes are great and I think this kind of clothes for a contemporary brand is cool...But everything else around this relaunch is confused.
Why hiring Elgort for such a lackluster/uninspired result?
It would have been more clever to hire a top model with maybe an unknown/lesser known photographer!
I want to believe in this but I smell another flop for Henry.

You see how Dior has milked the J’adore and Miss Dior franchise? An endless line of flankers...

JOY was Dior’s big launch in years and it was a direct challenger to Gabrielle de Chanel. You can only imagine the number of flankers, and therefore Money, the JOY franchise would bring to LVMH.

What I’m the most surprised about is the fact that they bought it from P&G with no plans to have a Haute Parfumerie line. He just injected enough to have a little line of RTW but at the same time hired a quite known designer to do the job.

I’m starting to think that Peter Copping could have done it better.

Joy by Patou was the world's most expensive fragrance and Jackie O's favorite, a masterpiece of a scent, sad to see it will no longer be made.

Weird to think that the perfume originally came out during The Great Depression and Dior's Joy came just in time for another global crisis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->