Patou S/S 2025 Paris

I think the case is not as clear-cut as it appears, especially when we look at the aspect of time spent so far to establish this dormant brand - There is certainly more pressure with Sabato de Sarno at Gucci given that the mission was a complete overhaul of the brand as well as to meet with extremely high revenue targets - For a designer then not to deliver a lacklustre performance sets a significantly more alarming message than for Guillaume Henry, whose first batch of products were released during Covid.

The way I see it, with Patou, LVMH is testing out a different brand building strategy - Less on the high investment scale and with the idea that it's not supposed to compete with their existing top-tier luxury maisons. Unlike Kenzo which enjoyed great success under Humberto Leon and Carol Lim, Guillaume Henry's performance has no predecessor to compare with. The fact that Kenzo has yet to generate traction under Nigo takes a little bit of pressure off from Patou's performance.

I'm with you re: brand positioning and segment where LVMH wants to Patou to be. It still doesn't justify that the brand identity and marketing have been lacklustre.

wasted on a too quiet luxury brand, he needs a big name brand to support this kind of collection. If they want to revive houses they need the likes of harris reed and roseberry, this just wont give enough voice to the brand unless they wanna be like loro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christyshaw61
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->