Patrick And The Others..

Originally posted by clay@May 31st, 2004 - 9:47 am
SG, Perry died also in the Eighties. Again another of my heros. I can not tell you how many Polka dot ties and sox I had, not to mention his shirts. I think I read here that Pierre is selling his company. I think Courreges
still does somethings?????? Maybe art or architecture?????? Anyway all great designers.
perry ellis and his polka dots...hahaha...i also think he's the one who made it ok for a man to wear a pink shirt...my favorite menswear look from the eighties... :flower:

Actually i think the Pink shirts came from Ralph. I must have had 3 pink Polo btn down shirts, and Several Izod and Polo, polo shirts with pink in them with a ton of socks to match with the Penny loafers or moccasins that were poplular back then. Man I wish I had some pictures to post.

Originally posted by clay@May 31st, 2004 - 10:05 am
Actually i think the Pink shirts came from Ralph. I must have had 3 pink Polo btn down shirts, and Several Izod and Polo, polo shirts with pink in them with a ton of socks to match with the Penny loafers or moccasins that were poplular back then. Man I wish I had some pictures to post.
mm....you're right...but i'm not thinking of polos...more the button down dress shirt...but i guess they both did it then... :flower:

i do remember buying my bf at the time a nice pink ralph lauren button down shirt...now that i think about it...the memory is not what it used to be...hahaha... :lol: :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey+May 31st, 2004 - 9:08 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ May 31st, 2004 - 9:08 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Fashionism@May 31st, 2004 - 5:26 am
I think we need to mention Erik Mortensen as well. He did some wonderfull work for Balmain.
not familiar...can you post some pics pls?...

thx :flower:[/b][/quote]
Erik Mortensen was Pierre Balmains personal assistant and closest colaborator from 1951 at Balmain and he became the directeur artistique of Balmain when Pierre died in 1982. He actually won the France Haute Couture Golden Thimble Award three times. Twice for Balmain and once for Jean-Louis Scherrer as he quit his work at Balmain to work for Scherrer in 1990.

It's really hard to find pitures of his work on the net. I will look for pictures tonight and I'll scan some as well as soon as I have time and patience for it. :flower:

Did anyone know tha Louis DelOlio ( Anne Klien) is doing stuff on QVC????? I was shocked. Does anyone know what else he is doing? QVC can be profitable for those feathured designers like himself. But it still seems weird for a designer like him to do that. But look at Isaac making much dough at Target.

thanks fashionism...i would be very interested...jean louis scherrer....that's another name...they are still doing a couture collection...i forget who's designing it?... :huh:

clay...i was :o as well to see dell'olio on QVC...but even he's got to make a living...he hasn't really been employed for awhile now...i have many many pieces of anne klein from the eighties... :heart: ...i thought he really did a great job there... :flower:

Yeah he was great there!!! He and Donna kicked ***!!!!!! AK was everywhere!!!

Jean-Louis Scherrer is, as far as I know, designed by somebody called Stéphane Rolland. I don't know anything about him, but I found a pic from their s/s couture show:

foto2.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia+May 31st, 2004 - 7:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (purplelucrezia @ May 31st, 2004 - 7:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@May 31st, 2004 - 1:45 pm
:heart: Rudi Gernreich! :heart:
And- Peggy Moffitt! B) [/b][/quote]
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

*CDG has re-issued some very yummy Rudi/ Moffitt t-shirts, we saw them at the window of Colette when we met with Mehg some months ago

thanks for the adorable photos space :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+May 31st, 2004 - 12:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ May 31st, 2004 - 12:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@May 31st, 2004 - 7:48 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu
@May 31st, 2004 - 1:45 pm
:heart: Rudi Gernreich! :heart:

And- Peggy Moffitt! B)
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

*CDG has re-issued some very yummy Rudi/ Moffitt t-shirts, we saw them at the window of Colette when we met with Mehg some months ago

thanks for the adorable photos space :flower: [/b][/quote]
ye steh shirts are amazing :heart:

:heart: I love love love Peggy and rudi :heart:

hahaha...totally sprockets....(do you want to touch my monkey?... :wink: ..)

rudi was great...but as far as i know...peggy moffit is alive and well and designing t-shirts...i saw them at barney's not too long ago...am i mistaken?... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 1st, 2004 - 3:15 pm

rudi was great...but as far as i know...peggy moffit is alive and well and designing t-shirts...i saw them at barney's not too long ago...am i mistaken?... :unsure:
SG, good one!!!!!! :woot:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 1st, 2004 - 3:15 pm

No quite sure what she's up to at the moment, but she's definately alive and well.
:flower:
And it seems, as cool as ever...
(I believe she's at a Stella McCartney show here).

stella-la_peggy-moffitt.jpg

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jun 1st, 2004 - 9:55 pm
as cool as ever...
(I believe she's at a Stella McCartney show here).

stella-la_peggy-moffitt.jpg

:heart: tres chic, tres adorable :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->