Paul Boudens - Graphic Designer

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Paul Boudens. My favorite.

'The nicest job is always the next one'

Paul Boudens (1965) doesn't like designs with a shelf life of one day only. He wants his work to be tangible, to have sensitivity, you have to feel the human side of it. That is why according to Boudens it just doesn't work with a computer alone. And so he uses paint, amongst other materials. The result can be rough or sharp, somewhat broken or leaving a strange impression. As long as it has some effect. Some of his cleanest designs are so clean it becomes frightening.
In 1991 he graduated in Graphic Design & Illustration at the Sint-Lucaspaviljoen in Antwerp. From here he immediately started working as a freelance designer for the Belgian fashion guru Walter Van Beirendonck, with whom he charted a new direction for Van Beirendonck's house style. Soon after, assignments for fashion designers Wim Neels, Jurgi Persoons, Dries Van Noten, A.F. Vandevorst, Olivier Theyskens (amongst others), the Antwerp fashion academy, Interieur2000, Het Zuidelijk Toneel and the MoMu-Fashion Museum Province of Antwerp followed.

In the spring of 2000 De Velinx in Tongeren organised an exhibition of his work under the title 'Paul Boudens Graphic Design 1990-2000'. In 2001 Boudens was responsible for the art direction of 'FASHION2001 LANDED-GELAND', the ambitious fashion event in Antwerp. During this project he became art director and graphic designer of N°ABC magazine.
In 2002 his collaboration with choreographer Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker and Rosas started with the 'RosasXX' exhibition, a celebration of the dance group's 20th anniversary.
February 2003 brings assignments from Yohji Yamamoto in Paris, a brand-new exhibition at the MoMu gallery and the publication of 'Paul Boudens Works Volume 1'. This 248 page book is an overview of Paul Boudens' work of the last decade. Not a regular catalogue style overview, but a breathtaking explosion of images, forms and colours - translated into various techniques: silk-screen, fluorescence, black-on-black, UV varnish, overprinting - that simply shows the shear joy of designing. Creative, original and innovative. Longing for authenticity and eternity. A unique event in the Belgian art and publisher's world, a must for every aficionado of fashion and/or graphic design.

From contemporaryfashion.net

These are some images from his work with some of the Belgians...also published in his book entitled "Paul Boudens:Works Vol 1"

Jurgi Persoons-
2262_5570.jpg
2262_5571.jpg
2262_5572.jpg

Wim Neels-
2262_5575.jpg
2262_5576.jpg
2262_5578.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

i love how his website tells what he loves and that he loves websites a little less so one should buy his book!

" i know what you'll wear next summer"
LMAO. I completely love this statement.

anna karina said:

i love how his website tells what he loves and that he loves websites a little less so one should buy his book!
Hey thanks Anna for the extra images....always enjoyed the movie poster one he did for Jurgi. Really funny,indeed.

I actually had to go through the publisher's of his book to acquire a copy as it wasn't available in the US yet...dunno if it is now? It's really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphic designer Paul Boudens

Okay Softie,if you'd like to put all those posts regarding him,here :D

Thank you Anna*. Congrats on that! :wink:

You know,I just realised how much Paul's vision reminds me of certain David Lynch.

bump*

bal masque 2004
antwerp fashion walk 2001
flanders fashion institute letter 1999
momu antwerp exhibition poster (van saene) 2006

all from cfa.net

I didn't know him before but I looove his work! Thanks a lot to sharing it, thanks you for all this pics!
:flower:

Paul Boudens for Haider Ackermann & Yohji Yamamoto

septemberindustry.co.uk

Dries Van Noten / Fashion show invitations
image.php

Olivier Theyskens / Fashion show invitations
image.php

Jurgi Persoons / Showroom invitations
image.php
image.php

Walter Van Beirendonck Promotional booklet
image.php