Paul Rudd

Kenysha75

Reaction score
Paul Stephen Rudd (born April 6, 1969) is an American actor and screenwriter.

Biography
Early life

Rudd was born in Passaic, New Jersey, the son of Jewish immigrants from England; his family's original surname was "Rudnitzky". His father Michael was a historical tour guide who was formerly the vice president of World Airways, while Rudd's mother, Gloria, was a sales manager at television station KSMO-TV. He was raised in Overland Park, Kansas. He attended high school at Shawnee Mission West and college at the University of Kansas, where he was a member of Sigma Nu fraternity.
Career

Rudd made his breakout performance in the 1995 film Clueless. Additional credits include Wet Hot American Summer, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers, The Cider House Rules, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, Friends (in the recurring role of Mike Hannigan, who married Phoebe Buffay in 2004), The Object of My Affection, and The 40-Year-Old Virgin. While he played the original Josh in Clueless, he returned to play the character of Sonny when the movie was adapted into a television show in 1996. Rudd's Broadway credits include The Last Night of Ballyhoo (1997), Twelfth Night (1998), and Three Days of Rain (2006). He guest-starred as a has-been 1990s rock star, Desmond Fellows, on the television series, Veronica Mars, in an episode titled "Debasement Tapes". He has also appeared in the audiobook recording of John Hodgman's book The Areas of My Expertise.

In 2006, he appeared in several episodes of Reno 911! as "Guy Gerricault" (pronounced "jericho"), the coach of a lamaze class, and portrayed a drug lord in the film Reno 911!: Miami. In 2007, he appeared in the films Knocked Up (his third collaboration with Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen), and The Ten (which reunites him with frequent collaborators David Wain and Michael Showalter). The same year, Rudd provided his voice for the narration of the HBO/NFL Films series Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The Kansas City Chiefs. In 2008, Rudd starred in Over Her Dead Body opposite Eva Longoria, the direct-to-video release I Could Never Be Your Woman opposite Michelle Pfeiffer (reuniting him with Clueless director Amy Heckerling), Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Role Models. He also appeared on Little Britain USA as the French President. In 2009, he starred in I Love You, Man with Jason Segel.
Running gag on Conan O'Brien

As part of a running gag during his appearances on Late Night With Conan O'Brien, Rudd brings clips from the infamous film Mac and Me, where the wheelchair-using Eric (Jade Calegory) flies off a cliff while Mac watches on, instead of showing clips from the actual film he is there to promote.
Personal life

In 2003, he married his girlfriend of five years, Julie Yaeger. In 2005, their son Jack was born. Although they live in Manhattan, Rudd frequently travels to Los Angeles if he is shooting a movie, and Overland Park, Kansas where he went to high school. He is a fan of the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs, for whom he narrated the HBO special Hard Knocks in 2007.
WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! Paul didn't have a thread here? Great that you started one, then!
I loved him in that movie with Jennifer Aniston, I also liked him in friends and in the 40 year old virgin. He's great :smile:

I just watched role models & couldnt stop laughin especially with all those Kiss references so hilarious

He was amazing as Mike on Friends. :lol: He's a very gifted actor. I just wish he wouldn't choose so many lame roles. :doh::innocent:

GQ Men of the year party november 18

Paul recently attended the GQ “Men of the Year” Party on November 18th and we have some pics from this new event.
paulruddfan.com

Adrienne Shelly Memorial Garden Opening August 3

Paul attended the Adrienne Shelly Memorial Garden Opening in honor of the late actress, Adrienne Shelly.
paulruddfan.com

He's so gorgeous and it's like he never ages!

Paul's going to be at the 92nd st.Y on Feb. 4, I think I might just go.

Photoshoots 26

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

paulruddfan.com

Zach Galifianakis To Write For Paul Rudd

We’ll next see blazing-hot funnymen Zach Galifianakis and Paul Rudd together in the summer comedy, “Dinner for Schmucks.” The sharp sense of timing and deadpan delivery that the two actors excel at ought to make for a fun on-screen combo.

I’m not the only one who thinks that either, as the news hit today, via Variety, that the duo will potentially team up for “Will,” a comedy directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris. You might remember those two as the directors of “Little Miss Sunshine,” the quirky 2006 family comedy that earned both Alan Arkin and writer Michael Arndt their own Oscar wins. Dayton and Faris have been quiet since then, until now.

“Will” puts forth the fatalistic idea that we all live in a world in which events are predetermined by a staff of writers in Heaven. Rudd will play an Average Joe who wakes up one day to find that his writer, played by Galifianakis, has checked out. Left to live out an unscripted day, Rudd decides to take advantage of his newfound freedom. Sounds like a winner to me.

It’s an interesting development for Dayton and Faris, however. “Little Miss Sunshine” offered up a very subtle brand of comedy, dry and largely situational. Rudd and Galifianakis are both very funny in an up-front sort of way; I wonder how well their particular skills will blend mesh with Dayton and Faris. The article makes no mention of who is writing “Will” either, which could make a big difference. Rudd is already confirmed for his role, though Galifianakis is still in negotiations.

Broadway’s “American Idiot”

Last night Paul attended the Opening Night of Broadway’s “American Idiot”. It’s great to finally see him out and about again, love the glasses, very Clark Kent…:heart:
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
005.jpg

paulruddfan

Last edited by a moderator:
Attending the MET Ball and the MET ball after party:

billyfarrellagency

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads