Peridot Jewelry

SRC1806

Reaction score
I am in LOVE with peridot jewelery-its also my birthstone. But I am searching for some real gawdy, big, or ANY kind, even simple peridot jewelery, ANYTHING.
The cheaper the better, but post ANYTHING you find, it can be real peridot or crystal that looks like it, you get the drift, just anything.
But I want to get a whole lot of it because I love it-pls help me out!

I also go to thrift stores all the time and get whatver I can find.

Wow, i didn't know. I'm leo too. ^_^

Peridot is the birth stone for the month of August or anyone born under the sign of Leo. It is also the accepted gem for the 16th anniversary. More than that, new age gem therapists say Peridot encourages a sunny emotional outlook, prevents fear and guilt, & develops patience. In past centuries, the stone was thought to have magical powers to drive away dark spirits, promote wealth & prosperity. Scientists believe the forms deep inside the earth & is delivered to the surface by volcanic explosions. Some peridot was actually brought to this planet from other worlds in a blaze of glory by crashing meteors.

My mom sells some cool pieces, but I don't think I'm allowed to post it here because it would be advertizing. :blush:

I looked for some other kinds online and I found this, if it's helpful. It's more basic from what I saw, though.

Some of this stuff is kind of cool, too. It's slightly funkier stuff, which I like.

This stuff is pretty, too. I really like some things and I really don't like others.

This one is kind of funky. It isn't just made of peridot, but it's interesting and unusual. Plus, the site makes custom jewelry, so maybe you could have something made. I don't know what you'll think of it, but it's one idea.

I've seen some really cool jewelry that mixes peridot with garnet. I also like it best with siver, but I'm biased toward silver anyway. :P

Also, remember that stones come in varying shades, so be sure to pick out the shade that you like (although this is more obvious with stones like amethyst).

Good luck! :flower:

I just had to add this, too. They look expensive, but they're pretty cool.

Also, when I mentioned different shades of stones above--the most important thing to make sure of is that the stones are not cloudy. You want them to be sparkly or clear, not hazy. I hate it when people, including vendors who pick out thei jewelry from another source, don't pay attention to that kind of thing.

Originally posted by Midori@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:28 am
More than that, new age gem therapists say Peridot encourages a sunny emotional outlook, prevents fear and guilt, & develops patience.
very interesting.. do you think its because people born in august don't have those qualities? :lol: cuz i definitely don't

i bought some peridot beads from fred segal today. good stuff.

Peridot is fabulous because of the variety of colors. Check out some of your local 'ethnicky' stores. Peridot is not always an expensive stone (in my experience) and so can be found in some of the more unusual stores. I have a fab large, pink peridot ring which I love.

Happy searching and good luck :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by rayncloudx+Jun 19th, 2004 - 6:32 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rayncloudx @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 6:32 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Midori@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:28 am
More than that, new age gem therapists say Peridot encourages a sunny emotional outlook, prevents fear and guilt, & develops patience.
very interesting.. do you think its because people born in august don't have those qualities? :lol: cuz i definitely don't [/b][/quote]
me neither :lol:

Originally posted by Midori+Jun 19th, 2004 - 3:44 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Midori @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 3:44 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rayncloudx@Jun 19th, 2004 - 6:32 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Midori
@Jun 17th, 2004 - 11:28 am

very interesting.. do you think its because people born in august don't have those qualities? :lol: cuz i definitely don't
me neither :lol:

[/b][/quote]
I have two leos in my family and I think they could use these qualities too :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->