Peter Copping set for Oscar de la Renta & replaced by Guillaume Henry at Nina Ricci

Marc10

Staff member
Reaction score
O-BLOG_diptych%5B1%5D.jpg

Trading Places: New Appointments for Nina Ricci’s Peter Copping and Carven’s Guillaume Henry

Erlier this month, the rumor mill was abuzz about a potential Oscar de la Renta successor. WWD all but confirmed Nina Ricci creative director Peter Copping was signing a deal with the storied house—but would he stay at Ricci, too, helming both labels? With a contract that allegedly locked him in until 2016, it seemed like a possibility. But today, WWD reports that Guillaume Henry is likely to close out his five-year stint at Carven and replace Copping.

Henry revived the Carven brand with a youthful, feminine spirit, which translated to strong sales around the globe. If the rumors are true, the musical chairs are far from over; we’re curious to see who will be up next at Carven. The brand needs to act fast to keep up with its serious expansion plans—they just launched a handbag range and will open 10 stores this year.
style

Great choice, i really want see Henry at Nina, I hope something Feminine but modern yeaaaah!

I'm curious to see Guillaume's work at Nina Ricci.

Copping did an amazing job for Nina Ricci, since his first collection! I still remember most of the looks, it was a breathtaking first collection! Loved his work every season for the brand, very true to it's DNA, to bad he's leaving, he is perfect for Nina..... :flower:

Guillaume does a great job at Carven, but it's a very different fit, but I will never know how this will turn out, his work could be even more exciting than Copping's, let's wait and see :flower:

well, change is inevitable but...I will pay attention to Copping's debut at OdlR I hope it will be as stunning as I imagine! :blush:

Such timely announcement, i guess he was really sick :(
R.I.P. Oscar de la Renta

Not really a fan of Copping, but it might quite interesting what he delivers for ODLR. Now what really thrills me it's Henry's appointment for Nina Ricci, if he achieved such success with not well-known brand such as Carven, can't wait to see what he does and where he can take Nina Ricci, i loved the brand to be as feminine as possible like when it was at the helm of Olivier.

RIP Oscar de la Renta though, a Fashion legend has left us.

^ Actually, I found Nina Ricci to be much more feminine under Copping than under Olivier, who was edgier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
italop2
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->