Peter Jensen F/W 06.07 London

susie_bubble

Reaction score
I'm a little bit disappointed by this - usually one of my fave London collections. I know there's a purpose and reasoning behind the dullness and dowdiness but I think he's taken his inspiration and run away with it (the whole collection was inspired by Helen Rubenstein)

00010f.jpg
00030f.jpg

00040f.jpg
00050f.jpg

00060f.jpg
00070f.jpg

00080f.jpg
00090f.jpg

00100f.jpg
00110f.jpg

00120f.jpg
00130f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LONDON, February 17, 2006 – Something in the naive and self-deprecating character of Peter Jensen's shows always hits London audiences in their soft spots for parody and fantasy. For fall, this almost evangelically nerdy Danish designer brought smiles to the bleachers with a collection about Helena Rubenstein, her fabulous stash of jewels, and frumpy-couture style. Big on boufed Carmen-rollered hairdos worn with pearl bands, the collection was Jensen's gentle way of renavigating the ubiquitous fifties trend.

Formal matching plaid skirts and kimono-sleeve tops opened the show, followed by forays into "at home" lamé cigarette pants and many of the now inevitable bubble-shaped cocktail dresses and skirts that once made up the wardrobe of a 1950's New York socialite. Jensen also added his own spoofy homage to Madame Rubenstein's extensive jewelry collection by trimming necklines with big chunks of faux emerald and diamond Swarovski crystals. The results were cute and fun, which is precisely what keeps Jensen's customers banging at his door.

– Sarah Mower

Review from style.com

Yes I think that sums up exactly what's wrong with this collection for me - references are too direct and gimmicky. Taken way too literally and what you get is a costume collection.

more than once now have I liked what hes doing for topshop better than his actual show! I generally quite like his collections but some of this is really quite hideously boring, I really dislike the green top and skirt outfit.

EDIT: didne see the second post like, which isnt so bad. but still, I agree with you susie it doesn't let you work it out yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like it is from A/W 04! I really don't like this one bit.

it looks...unapologetically like prada somehow to me
blech

Hail the new Bill Blass!
Some people are moved by the strangest things.

Spacemiu said:
I know, it really reminds me of miu miu.... :(

i agree. just look at the belt-over-cardi/coat-thing and there seems to be something very miuccia-ish over the dresses as well. only she does it better.

i'm not a fan of this either.

susie_bubble said:
Review from style.com

Yes I think that sums up exactly what's wrong with this collection for me - references are too direct and gimmicky. Taken way too literally and what you get is a costume collection.
What you said...

I really liked his s/s collection and usually love his stuff. But I don't see Peter Jensen in much of this, and wouldn't wear much of it. And as earlier mentioned, this is a bad copy of Miu Miu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->