Pharrel to have troubles with Louis Vuitton campaign

belletrist

Reaction score
This is one of the FUNNIEST thing i've ever heard about this guy I hate. from New York Daily News (sorry if someone post it before, but i don't think so)

"Has Pharrell Williams cost himself a big-bucks Louis Vuitton campaign after a regrettable incident at Milan Men's Fashion Week?

The singer was slated to be the face of Vuitton's fall advertising. But he had a "***-wa" called against him after his heavies bounced a bevy of influential gay fashionistas (including Elton John's hubby, David Furnish, and Burberry designer Christopher Bailey) out of his VIP lounge at a GQ magazine party, telling them there was "too much sausage" in the room.

Now Vuitton reps are calling around, "taking the temperature" of the bad press he generated, says an insider, and are mulling whether to pull the campaign.

Williams' pal Naomi Campbell seems to have summed up his problem best.

According to multiple sources, she called and told him, "Two words: Donna Summer." It's a reference to the disco diva whose career nosedived after she allegedly made homophobic remarks.

But the story causing the most amusement in style circles is what shoe designer Manolo Blahnik apparently said when he heard about the incident at a fashion breakfast.

Says an insider: "Manolo was fuming and said, 'Ugh, I've always hated that guy. He was terrible in "Bewitched."'"
Um, Manny? That was Will Ferrell, not Pharrell Williams."

And DONNA SUMMER :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Naomi is pretty funny sometimes
Anyway that's bad, I hate this guy. Reminds me of what Jay-Z is doing about Cristal Roederer. She should care about what they're saying before caring about what other people are saying about them... But I Won't precise my mind :angry:

edited: Inappropriate language

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually don't get this article, too many american phrases...

^ me to. :blink: What exactly is the story about??

LOL...sometimes I think American English should be a language unto itself. :lol: I, myself, am guilty of using American slang and pop culture phrases that I normally take for granted on a daily basis.

To summarize the article...

Louis Vuitton is reportedly trying to decide whether to pull Pharrell Williams' fall/winter ads because of the bad press he has been getting in regards to a party where he had his body guards remove several gay participants from a party in Milan.

seriously? What a horrible (and very stupid) thing to do! is this really true?

This is stupid, because it wasn't actually him who kicked out the guys, it was security. And he did apologize for the incident anyway, but of course NY Daily News likes to jazz things up. I doubt the whole Naomi thing too.

:rofl: I'm American and I still didn't understand the article (if you want to call it that)! But, then again, I'm too young to know who Donna Summer is... :ninja:

Thanks ShanaLucas. Once I read your explanation, it all made sense... Never knew the term "***-wa" existed. :huh:

LoveMyBoots said:
Thanks ShanaLucas. Once I read your explanation, it all made sense... Never knew the term "***-wa" existed. :huh:

Me neither!:blink: :lol: Hey...if nothing else, at least we learned something new here!:smartass:

Laylah said:
This is stupid, because it wasn't actually him who kicked out the guys, it was security. And he did apologize for the incident anyway, but of course NY Daily News likes to jazz things up. I doubt the whole Naomi thing too.

Pharrell reportedly did say the infamous "too much sausage" line so you'd better check your facts, girlfriend!

An attack to the homos -Im gay, so I can say it!- like this can cost a LOT to Pharrell ... I find the overall incident funny ... but still, If I was C. Bailey or one of the guys kicked out I'd out a huge VETO to the guy.

The Naomi quote is HILARIOUS! And wasnt there already pics of the said LV campaign with Pharrell wearing a HUGE 'fro? Or was it a teaser/joke?

PS. Im costarican and got 100% of the article!

actually I also heard what Laylah heard. That it was Pharrell's security that kicked David Furnish out and that pharrell wasn't aware at the time. Apparently he called up David the next day and apologized saying he was unaware. But that could all be PR trying to save himself.

if he thought the VIP room was bad, he should have been out in the garden,

spot the girl.....?
no?
spot the sausage....?
YES!

tuck in Pharell, its an open buffet!! :flower: :innocent:

Attachments

• gqparty.jpg
    gqparty.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 34
Believe "***-wa" is a pun on fatwa, probably made up for this story ... I like it ^_^

Not sure yet whether it's Pharrell or just his heavies who are sexists, but it just goes to show you better watch who you surround yourself with at a minimum. Makes you think the heavies had no idea who they were kicking out ... to kick out Christopher Bailey when he's apparently worked so hard to ingratiate himself in the fashion world just makes no sense. I also wonder why they didn't just bring more girls in if they were concerned about balance :huh: Something tells me these guys may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer :innocent: Then again, if Acid's pic is any indication ... were there any girls there? :P

^ yes, it was a mens fashion week party.... ie: male models and very little else!

^ In that case this sounds like a little project the heavies initiated themselves while feeling a tad bit insecure ...

"too much sausage"

Is that a gay insult or just a way of saying there are too many men in the room? Maybe the guards just randomly picked guys to kick out (I wouldn't be able to recognize Bailey myself).

Oh well, either way, I hope they do drop Pharrel (overrated, IMO). I don't want to see him in the ads for LV! He wears trucker hats for god's sake!

belletrist said:
\Manolo Blahnik apparently said when he heard about the incident at a fashion breakfast.

Fashion breakfast???? Whats that? Suddenly my cornflakes and cup of coffee in the morning seems so very dull....:huh:

And "***-wa" instead of fatwa, I'm torn between thinking thats the funniest thing I've heard all day and being secretly appalled that anyone can compare Salmon Rushdie with Pharrell (in an indirect sort of a way)...actually, here come those sniggers again...

^ No doubt :lol: It's just me & a bowl of Strawberry Fields with organic milk & a glass of spring water, with a dog lying at my feet. However, even with the dog, I have to think there's a lot less bitchiness at my breakfast table :wink:

Jade Jagger seems to think it worthwhile to look Pharrell up whenever she's in town, so he must have somethin' goin' on :innocent:

fashionista-ta said:
Jade Jagger seems to think it worthwhile to look Pharrell up whenever she's in town, so he must have somethin' goin' on :innocent:

:lol: very true ... but according to Pharrell himself she is such a "horn dog" that he can barely keep up!

I really do hope that Pharrell gets dropped from the Pharrell ads. Hes talented but he isn't the fashion icon he claims to be.

Lucky us, who will not have to see THAT (from bryanboymedia.com)

pharrell.jpg

I don't care for the guy but saying "there's too much sausage" doesn't mean he was bashing gay people.

I think people have taken that out of context, and I like said, I don't care for him or his ads so it's not like I am a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->