Pharrell To Design Jewellery For Louis Vuitton

he was wearing VERY LARGE, HUGE diamond/jewel-encrusted necklaces with huge thick chains and GINORMOUS pendants of the cartoon depictions of himself (as seen in the recent video with him and gwen stefani).

eunhe said:
he was wearing VERY LARGE, HUGE diamond/jewel-encrusted necklaces with huge thick chains and GINORMOUS pendants of the cartoon depictions of himself (as seen in the recent video with him and gwen stefani).
Saw those...horrendous.

One word...tackalicious...

First the LilKim t-shirts, now this?

You know, I can actually see both sides of the coin on this one. I mean, on one hand, the hip-hop community has almost always supported LV (and other logo-friendly luxury labels like Dior, Gucci, Burberry)..and seeing how MJ has always referenced "the street" in his work, it seems like a natural connection between him & the hip-hop commmunity. Perhaps this is his way of "giving back" to a certain market that has embraced LV (didnt Kanye refer to himself as The LouisVuitton Don, and doesnt Kimora have one of America's biggest collection of LV bags?)...But, on the other hand, must MJ contribute to the celebrity-turned-designer trend?

On a side note: Ive never seen LV jewellry or heard much about it..Anybody have any info/opinions about the line?

From a business POV...I would have done it, they really couldn't have made a better decision. From a fashion POV, it's a nightmare that such trash will be inflicted upon the world. At this point LV is getting too overexposed, they should retire the Monogram for a bit, cease all celebrity interaction, it will cause them to move upmarket without actually jacking up the price. At this rate in a few years LV will be nothing special. Look at Dior, they were on the verge of being nothing special then John completely switched it up for S/S 05, and now they're making more money than ever...

yes i agree... they should use high fashion "unknown" models in their campaigns and defineltly retire the monogram... i just saw a big white escalade with all the defense decorated with color LV logos.. like the bag... it was :shock: lets see something new!!!!!!!!!!!

fashionistangeL said:
yes i agree... they should use high fashion "unknown" models in their campaigns and defineltly retire the monogram... i just saw a big white escalade with all the defense decorated with color LV logos.. like the bag... it was :shock: lets see something new!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh puhlease...Have you ever seen a PINK Mercedes SL AMG 55 with Multicolore seats? Being driven by a man so big his nickname would be Tiny...Ive seen a Escalade (Or Navigator...or similar) with Multicolore seats...where do you live? Maybe it's common...

Last edited by a moderator:
fashionistangeL said:

Ermm...talking about high fashion "unknown" models, there are "crazy" jewelry company that give away their stuff for FREE:woot: . No, no diamond but still cute germstones......... http://highcheek.com/jewelryforfree

They have their own reason, may be?^_^

fashionistangeL said:

*gasp* the monogram has been since the late 1800's or early 1900's....i doubt they get rid of that...its too much history in that and that almost defines the Louis Vuitton bag....ppl just get things like that to show off....btw does that count as Louis Vuitton? I remember on some MTV awards show all the rappers could show off their cars. Ludacris had a car with a Louis Vuitton grill. What are the requirements for something to be Louis Vuitton or a certain designer?

JJohnson said:
*gasp* the monogram has been since the late 1800's or early 1900's....i doubt they get rid of that...its too much history in that and that almost defines the Louis Vuitton bag....ppl just get things like that to show off....btw does that count as Louis Vuitton? I remember on some MTV awards show all the rappers could show off their cars. Ludacris had a car with a Louis Vuitton grill. What are the requirements for something to be Louis Vuitton or a certain designer?

I'm almost 100% positive it was just a grill that a custom car company made it, and not at all related to the company. From the information I have about Louis Vuitton products, they'll only custom-make things like trunks. I'm going to bet that anything else not directly related to luggage or fashion is just a "fake" cashing in on the name.

I agree with all said above. Louis Vuitton should do what Burberry did years ago after their signature plaid became chav fashion.

WhiteLinen said:
I agree with all said above. Louis Vuitton should do what Burberry did years ago after their signature plaid became chav fashion.

:lol: yea i guess...burberry is defined by that plaid and its like circa LV's era...but going back to the car, that grill probably was made by a car place, but like how can something really be called "LV" or "Place expensive designer here"? Does it have to be made in their factories? Approved by whom? Like if I knew marc could he make me a 1 of a kind bag and have it called LV? Or some1 who worked within the company made it would it still be LV? What defines that...some1 plz help haha im really curious

I dont mean completely abolish the Monogram, either stop it completely for a few years or greatly limit the production.

I know LV would do car interiors, they'll do anything that involves "travel" so a car interior would be appropriate, non? Im sure it was fake though, because that much real Multicolore would be so phenominally expensive...I cant even imagine...30k probably...

Ya, Burberry's Nova Check is actually pretty hard to locate now, thier new thing is embossed Check or using it randomly within a Prorsum bag. They've really pulled themselves back from the brink of obscurity.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think anything he designed for LV would be cooel - Pharrell is pretty bling! :D

I for one still love LV, and for some reason, the more people slate it, the more I love it :innocent:

I wonder when they will come out with a frangrance? Its kinda odd that LV hasnt released one.

If I'm not mistaken you can get a fragrance created for you in the Champs Elysees boutique.

Amo_Armani said:
If I'm not mistaken you can get a fragrance created for you in the Champs Elysees boutique.

WOW! U can? tell me more!

I don't like his designs...it lacks good taste and creativity. Its very flashy and not in a good way!

Oh my what a disaster. As I have stated I am a huge fan of Vuitton due to their quality and inpeccable service. However having people with no sense of fashion background give advice and input on a high end French Couture label is ridiculous. I can guarrantee that the outcome will be nothing more than big diamonds and tacky chains. Way to ruin what's left of Vuitton.

I think Louis Vuitton needs to re-think their direction of the company. Otherwise within a year or so, Louis Vuitton will be like any other designer label, just over priced.

unplugged66 said:
Oh my what a disaster. As I have stated I am a huge fan of Vuitton due to their quality and inpeccable service. However having people with no sense of fashion background give advice and input on a high end French Couture label is ridiculous. I can guarrantee that the outcome will be nothing more than big diamonds and tacky chains. Way to ruin what's left of Vuitton.

I think Louis Vuitton needs to re-think their direction of the company. Otherwise within a year or so, Louis Vuitton will be like any other designer label, just over priced.

Its very interesting that ppl say things like this, but it does sell. Even celebs lines sell. We know the inner aspects of fashion and labels and that allows us to see the more creative line, but ppl who have so much money want to show it off, therefore this flashy "trash" as we call it allows them to do so. When it goes out of style, they (rich ppl) easily remove it and get the newest trend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->