Phi designer Andreas Melbostad in at Diesel Black Gold

GERGIN

Reaction score
After announcing the departure of Sophia Kokosalaki earlier this month, Diesel Black Gold has reportedly appointed Norwegian designer Andreas Melbostad (pictured, left) to take the reins of the label in October. Melbostad’s name will be familiar to fashion obsessives as the designer of the cult-adored Phi (pictured, right) in the aughts, whose skintight leathers and sexy dresses prefigured fashion’s swing back to the hard-edged eighties look later picked up by other labels. Will he work the same magic in denim? Diesel Black Gold’s commitment to leather suggests he may be a good match. Since the closure of Phi in 2009, Melbostad has consulted for Roberto Cavalli.

style.com :heart:

omg, YEEEESSS! I loved his work for PHI! I was worried he'd fallen off the map, but this is indeed great news. :heart:

good for him, he is such a talented designer!

Thumbs up for this, Andreas really is the perfect fit for the brand.

I'm excited to hear this news, too! He definitely seems like a great fit for Diesel.
I've always loved Phi. I actually miss that label :blush: Excited to see what he can do for a bigger brand that's not managed by megalomaniacs. Anyone know what he had been working on since Phi closed?

The article states he's been consulting for Roberto Cavalli.

What does a consultant in that context do, though? Is that just creative consulting or was he most likely involved in any designing, too?

So ready for him to be back in fashion! I was upset when Phi closed down, i always find myself going back and looking at his work.

yeah, real good choice 4 Diesel Black Gold
(i'm also happy Sophia finally quited Diesel, she needs more time for her own line)

Just three weeks after announcing Sophia Kokosalaki's departure, Diesel Black Gold has reportedly selected Norwegian designer Andreas Melbostad as the brand's new creative director. He will start his new role in October.
According to WWD, Melbostad currently runs a design consulting firm that has counted Roberto Cavalli and Vera Wang among its clients. His LinkedIn page highlights stints as senior designer at Nina Ricci, Yves Saint Laurent, and Guy Laroche among his past positions. He was also associate design director at Calvin Klein before moving on to a position as design director at Donna Karan. Before opening his consulting firm, Melbostad was creative director of Susan Dell's sportswear line Phi for over six years.
Diesel has not yet commented on Melbostad's relationship with the company. So far there has been no word on Kokosalaki's future plans.
fashionologie

Can't wait to see what he does

Last edited by a moderator:
that definitely suits diesel better.

actually when the announcement was made about sophia,the article i read said kokosalaki had just had a baby and she's in the midst of introducing a very cool wedding collection and she's doing a collaboration with ASOS called KORE. and hopefully she can also re-focus some of her energy back to her mainline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->