Sophia Kokosalaki Departs from Diesel Black Gold

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
Just when we thought this game of musical fashion chairs had died down, along comes another switch up! News reaches us today that adorable Greek-born designer Sophia Kokosolaki is to end her three year tenure as Diesel Black Gold’s Creative Director. Since 2009 she’s added a dark and romantic fashion spin to the brand’s catwalk line and turned it into a fully-fledged part of the NYC fashion week schedule, but now her final show for the brand will be Spring/Summer 2013 during September’s NYFW.

‘The last three years I have spent at Diesel Black Gold have been a very interesting and enjoyable experience,’ she said. ‘I would like to thank the whole DBG team for their hard work and support in helping me to establish this line. I am now looking forward to new challenges and wish Diesel Black Gold every success in the future.’ And in return Diesel Black Gold had equally high praise to sing, ‘Sophia gave an important, innovative contribution to the line and, thanks to her artistic direction and vision, the brand has become a reference, for press and buyers, in the contemporary fashion segment.’

So, what will be next for Sophia? Having recently given birth to a baby girl(i never knew this!), we imagine there’ll be some lovely mummy-time a-happening, but throughout her DBG stint she has continued with her own super-feminine line - most recently showcasing her autumn/winter’12-13 collection in Paris with one-on-one appointments - which counts Alexa Chung, Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson as fans. Her off-shoot bridal line is available on Net-A-Porter and earlier this year created an ethically aware collection, Kore, for ASOS.com. Sounds like she’s pretty busy as is, but with her incredible craftsmanship, could she be the next designer to turn demi-bespoke or demi-couture? Watch this space.

*yahoo.com via graziadaily.co.uk

perhaps sophia can now give her mainline and collections within the SK scope her full attention. and i love her KORE collection for ASOS so i hope she continues doing that.

I didn't even know she designed for them. Whoops!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->