Reaction score
1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

*nymag.com*

I really like this. The whole silhouette is very pleasing to the eye. I ADORE the boots. Some of it is a little too 'Staw Trek'ish looking, which is a little weird and ugly/confusing. But some of it is very Biker chic which satisfies the bad-*** in me :-)

I love it! The boots are so good, but some of the dresses/skirts are a little too long or something

I like how he's challenging a lot of dress/skirt proportions. Finally nice to see something that's not super-mini.

well at least they moved away from the overt demeulemeester look....unfortunately now it looks like helmut lang meets ann-sofie back.

i like some of the longer skirt lengths, but as a whole, this isn't working for me

it's a total credit to new york fashion week that it's produced a brand like this that can stand alongside all the other european brands that do this same look. and while i concur with the idea that it has roots in some belgian designers' looks, it definitely has a new york spirit and edge.

also, it must be said, but these pieces would fill out the perfect wardrobe with some superexpensive high end looks from other lines which i feel also contributes to the success of this fledgling house.

Bandaged skinny pants? Check. Studs, zips and hardware? Check. Lacing? Check. Gladiator/warrior elements? Check. These are very nicely done and will no doubt sell, but it's too derivative to elicit much excitement, and after seeing them hitting the mainstream, on bloggers sites, etc., a bit of fatigue sets in for this "look". I'm now looking for the next direction.

Don't get me wrong - it's still much better than most runway looks so far, but it's a derived and distilled collection from other seasons done by other designers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->