Philip Witts

Legolas

Reaction score
@ Ford Models NY

He is 1st finalist of the 2013 VMAN Ford Model Search.

Photos submitted to enter the contest:

PLACE OF BIRTH: Lowell, MA
CURRENT LOCATION: Dracut and Amherst, MA
SIGN: Libra

WHAT IS YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO FASHION, GOING INTO THE VMAN FORD MODEL SEARCH?
I have absolutely no relationship to fashion. I've just been dared by my friends to do stuff like this before, so I though I'd enter.

HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE SEARCH?
I heard about the search online. I was actually just looking into agencies in NYC to apply to and I found Ford, and I thought, What better start than with VMAN and Ford?

WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED ABOUT MODELING SINCE BEING INTRODUCED TO THE FORD TEAM AS A FINALIST?
I've learned that fashion is incredibly competitive from a model's standpoint. I knew my chances were slim going into it, but I also knew it couldn't hurt to try.

WHAT MAKES YOU AN IDEAL MODEL SEARCH WINNER?
I like to think I bring something to the table that can't be duplicated and hopefully I have a look like none other.

WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?
I'm really down to earth and laid back. A lot of people might get nervous when it comes to big opportunities like this but I sort of just go with the flow. Also, I think humility is another quality I possess that may help me out down the road as my career heightens.

WHAT ARE YOUR ASPIRATIONS OUTSIDE OF MODELING?
I'm going into my junior year this fall at the University of Massachusetts. I'm studying journalism and plan to receive a concentration in Sports Journalism. I really want to be a broadcast journalist; I figure modeling can help get me the camera presence that I would need.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE #SHOTBYKARL?
I really don't know how to grasp the feeling, I don't know enough about fashion right now. I have done some research on Karl and he seems to be fashion royalty, so I suppose it's exciting. I'm sure it will all set in once I get to Paris!

DOES ANYTHING INTIMIDATE YOU ABOUT POSSIBLY GOING INTO THE FASHION INDUSTRY?
I get a little intimidated about traveling, specifically for a long period of time. For all I know, I could be living in Japan next summer if everything works out. I know it would be best for my career to live somewhere else, but I definitely find moving and traveling a little intimidating.

WHAT WOULD WINNING THE 2013 VMAN FORD MODEL SEARCH MEAN TO YOU?
It would be amazing. I'm a very realistic thinker and I know there are seven other guys with the same goal as me, so I won't be too disappointed if I lose. But I like the other guys. I'd love to win and pursue this chance of a lifetime.

WHAT EXCITES YOU THE MOST ABOUT POTENTIALLY BECOMING A FASHION MODEL?
If I do have a future in the industry, I am probably most excited about meeting ab unch of great, new people. Like anybody else, though, I look forward to seeing myself around in a magazine or in a department store.

vmagazine.com

Numéro Homme #26 Fall / Winter 2013.14
Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Styling: Serge Giradi
Hair: Seb Bascle
Make Up: Lloyd Simmonds

lekiosk

HARPER'S BAZAAR NOVEMBER 2013
Romeo & Juliet
Photographers: Max von Gumppenberg & Patrick Bienert
Styled: Carine Roitfeld
Models: Adriana Lima, Tyson Ritter, Maria Borges, Clarke Wesley, Magda Laguinge, Corey Baptiste, Tao Okamoto, Brad Kroenig, Martha Hunt, Tyson Ballou, Cora Emmanuel, Kelly Rippy, RJ Rogenski, Jessica Hart, Cameron Russell, Ian Mellencamp, Philip Witts, Stef Van der Laan, Lindsey Wixson, Mathias Lauridsen, Dae Na, Senait Gidey, Irina Shayk, Simon Van Moervenne, Miranda Kerr, Garrett Neff, Sean O'Pry, Ashleigh Good, Barbara Fialhe, David Agbedji, Chiharu Okunugi, Noah Mills, Bar Refaeli & Matt Terry

hbz-november-2013-carine-roitfeld-romeo-juliet-saint-laurent-xln.jpg

glossynewsstand.com

He's possibly the winner because the contest said that the winner will be photographed by Karl as the prize although the site stated 'photographed by Karl for VMAN #30'....

^ Yeah, I have the doubt. The V mag site presents him as finalist number 1, so I'm not sure.

This is definitely him. Same ear, same brows, same eyes.

Dior Homme F/W 13.14

OfKgCjr.jpg
O3OPvCp.jpg

lekiosk.com

lekiosk.com via hannyeng

magazinesdownload.com (GQ UK September)

pdfmagazines.org via hannyeng

pdf-giant.com via hannyeng

See? :lol:

PHILIP WITTS, MODEL SEARCH WINNER AGE 20, AMHERST, MA, UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSSETS

“Fashion is incredibly competitive, from a model’s standpoint. I knew my chances were slim going into it, but I also knew it couldn’t hurt to try.” SHIRT Jil Sander

vman.com

I made this guys's thread 'cause I like his personality, his vines are pretty funny, and also 'cause he reminds me so much of Freddie Highmore! :blush: Specially on that cover, so great he won!

Wow so much amazing things already, definitely a promising career.

^ I agree, and it seems he's quickly becoming one of Karl's new favorites, with this Numero ed, it would be 4 times working with Karl already... pretty impressive considering he's just a 20yo newcomer who's literally just getting his 1st jobs in the industry:

Numéro #146 September 2013
Heroines Couture
ph: Karl Lagerfeld

madeinpresse / Digital Edition via Mat Cyruss

Definitely my favorite from the Vman bunch, and the print work is already impressive. He's ace.

He was my favorite from the Vman competition as well, very happy he won! I hope he continues to work with Karl, he can have a very good career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honorata
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->