Hedi Slimane - Designer

Heidi's Celine was never one of the brands I "fangirled" but I still find this departure a shame.

It's a rare moment of optimism in this industry to see a brand raised in the quality of its clothes, creative cohesion, and name value, when new CDs coming in and totally botching brands has become the news of the day.

That being said, I hope (however unlikely it is) Slimane does go to some heritage brand being horribly mismanaged, like a Chanel or Dior. Yes, he'll undoubtedly leave the label high and dry whenever suits him, but with the state of many brands right now, his direction for even a few years couldn't hurt

My dream? He packs up shop. He’s close to retirement age now anyway, is trying to remake yet another brand in his image really an exciting venture at this point? He can photograph youths as a hobby or something. Or he can follow in Phoebe’s footsteps and do his own line by his own rules that’ll sell well to his many fans.

I was looking at the last collection Hedi did for SL and honestly I'm getting excited at the idea of Chanel by HEDI. He can do glamour, he can embellish the clothes and keep it all practical.

Chanel is not a house of radical shapes, you just need to make a little something each season like Karl did.

Chanel, Chanel, Chanel — you all have such narrow minds. There are so many possibilities. Who says the brand even has to be active? There are lots of fashion houses waiting to be Slimaned!

One of the hottest brands now — Loewe — was seen as hopelessly passé and irrelevant just a decade ago. Less than twenty years ago, Celine was ignored by the fashionable set, and Balenciaga had long been closed. Pierre Cardin was licensed to cheaply made discount store goods, Mugler was reduced to a perfume line, and Courrèges was a footnote in fashion history books. So again, why limit one’s sights to the list of usual big names like Chanel and Dior?

There are many houses and brands that were once major players that are now barely around, just waiting for a renewal:

• Aquascutum
• Byblos
• Cacharel
• Nino Cerruti
• Costume National
• Escada
• Louis Féraud
• Romeo Gigli
• Krizia
• Guy Laroche
• Léonard
• Pringle
• Trussardi

And there are plenty of dead houses to be revived out there. If Schiaparelli can rise like Lazarus, why not one of these?

• Oleg Cassini
• Jacques Fath
• Gianfranco Ferré
• Grès
• Ted Lapidus
• Lucien Lelong
• Claude Montana
• Hanae Mori
• Paul Poiret
• Sonia Rykiel
• Jean-Louis Scherrer
• Torrente
• Vionnet

Chanel, Chanel, Chanel — you all have such narrow minds. There are so many possibilities. Who says the brand even has to be active? There are lots of fashion houses waiting to be Slimaned!

One of the hottest brands now — Loewe — was seen as hopelessly passé and irrelevant just a decade ago. Less than twenty years ago, Celine was ignored by the fashionable set, and Balenciaga had long been closed. Pierre Cardin was licensed to cheaply made discount store goods, Mugler was reduced to a perfume line, and Courrèges was a footnote in fashion history books. So again, why limit one’s sights to the list of usual big names like Chanel and Dior?

There are many houses and brands that were once major players that are now barely around, just waiting for a renewal:

• Aquascutum
• Byblos
• Cacharel
• Nino Cerruti
• Costume National
• Escada
• Louis Féraud
• Romeo Gigli
• Krizia
• Guy Laroche
• Léonard
• Pringle
• Trussardi

And there are plenty of dead houses to be revived out there. If Schiaparelli can rise like Lazarus, why not one of these?

• Oleg Cassini
• Jacques Fath
• Gianfranco Ferré
• Grès
• Ted Lapidus
• Lucien Lelong
• Claude Montana
• Hanae Mori
• Paul Poiret
• Sonia Rykiel
• Jean-Louis Scherrer
• Torrente
• Vionnet
i think because we have enough legacy brands that are not serving it !!!!! so i understand why the focus on big established brands, its like facebook or IG above 150 friends your brain don't connect deeply anymore.

the human brain can only maintain about 150 close relationships. This is known as "Dunbar's number". Dunbar's theory suggests that people have a tight circle of five loved ones, followed by layers of friends, meaningful contacts, acquaintances, and people you can recognize.

its same for brands after a certain amount you just want to keep a selection in mind.

on no nono pls let the dead brands rest in peace..most on the list if where honest are not even strong was ok for their time, its also good to leave the past in the past .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->