Pierre Cardin F/W 2024.25 Paris

Are these originals?

The batman forever set is the best in paris behind balenciaga.

Cardin´s nephew should stop playing "fashion designer"; when all he does is creating re-issues from Cardin archives, to just take a bow at the end of the show as if he actually designed something here.

The reissuing of the Cardin archives seems like a fun exercise for one couture week collection, where the designer at the helm (or curator) also has the technical know how for what it takes to actually make a garment.

A repeat affair is just sad. A shame too, as I feel the right designer/creative director could really reinvigorate Cardin, but it is also a tad droll to see yet another archival brand revival too so maybe this should just go to the scrap bin.

The family needs to call someone from the Nicolas Ghesquière team ASAP because this ain't it.

If the family is serious about this project, they'll need a whole plan. Hired a Ghesquière protogé, design a new logo (by Fabien Baron or M/M), drop the Pierre only Cardin is needed, hired Lucien Pages, an introduction campaign with a stellar cast by Steven Meisel and voilà a comeback.

The family needs to call someone from the Nicolas Ghesquière team ASAP because this ain't it.

If the family is serious about this project, they'll need a whole plan. Hired a Ghesquière protogé, design a new logo (by Fabien Baron or M/M), drop the Pierre only Cardin is needed, hired Lucien Pages, an introduction campaign with a stellar cast by Steven Meisel and voilà a comeback.
I don't think those people even have the single shadow of a clue of who Meisel or Ghesquière are, let alone Baron... For decades and decades, Pierre Cardin's name has been everywhere on everything (towels etc. and who knows? printed on toilet paper rolls?). I recall a few seasons ago writing about my parents (who don't give a single bit of a f*ck about fashion like most people in my family) having some old Pierre Cardin bath towels (got those as wedding presents, actually). Don't know what Cardin used to be before its mercantile era, maybe something. And now it's becoming one of the most embarassing runway moments every season. And for what? Prestige? Nobody serious about fashion does even look at those collections. Money? I doubt they'll ever produce any best-seller. If many collections (of coveted, well-known brands) are totally embarassing because of their strategies and current designers (names are legions), that one is embarassing because totally pointless (from every point of view, if you like to play with wording).

Have they settled the estate yet? Are his heirs still fighting??? What a mess. I still miss those little kids running around in their mini-Cosmonaut outfits from last year.

Cardin had lovely designs before the Cosmonaut collection + licensing rotted his f*cking brain. (Also credit to Andre Oliver, who I think designed the outfits the actual Cardin clients bought as Cardin's actual designs became out of control...)

HB Archivw

Last edited:
Because I’ve never used drugs I can only assume this is what a bad acid trip would look like?

Have they settled the estate yet? Are his heirs still fighting??? What a mess. I still miss those little kids running around in their mini-Cosmonaut outfits from last year.

Cardin had lovely designs before the Cosmonaut collection + licensing rotted his f*cking brain. (Also credit to Andre Oliver, who I think designed the outfits the actual Cardin clients bought as Cardin's actual designs became out of control...)
Just a side-note: did they use the word Cosmonaut themselves?

Actually, I made a mistake! Cardin used Cosmocorps. Oopsy.

Actually, I made a mistake! Cardin used Cosmocorps. Oopsy.
Haha no worries, I just thought for a second they had a tad of some uncanny USSR nostalgia lost in their mish-mash.

I don't think those people even have the single shadow of a clue of who Meisel or Ghesquière are, let alone Baron... For decades and decades, Pierre Cardin's name has been everywhere on everything (towels etc. and who knows? printed on toilet paper rolls?). I recall a few seasons ago writing about my parents (who don't give a single bit of a f*ck about fashion like most people in my family) having some old Pierre Cardin bath towels (got those as wedding presents, actually). Don't know what Cardin used to be before its mercantile era, maybe something. And now it's becoming one of the most embarassing runway moments every season. And for what? Prestige? Nobody serious about fashion does even look at those collections. Money? I doubt they'll ever produce any best-seller. If many collections (of coveted, well-known brands) are totally embarassing because of their strategies and current designers (names are legions), that one is embarassing because totally pointless (from every point of view, if you like to play with wording).

Not to like a stan (even tho I am lol) but I'm sure they know about Nicolas. I mean he may not be on the Karl level of fame, but he's well-known in France. He is a designer for LV after all, and having Brigitte Macron wearing your clothes regularly also helps to cement his name to the public.
The impact may be global, but the fashion scene is quite small, it's very easy to reach out to the names that I mentioned, everyone kinda knows each other already.

I think it is all about the intention behind the project. If they want to waste money every season to produce a show just so they can sell whatever license crap they currently have, that's fine. But If they were serious about being back in the game (at one point I hope they will) They can do it. All the resources are there, they only need to reach out if they want to do a total revamp of the fashion line.

With PC archive the possibilities are endless. I mean just checking out fellow Space-Age names like Rabanne or Courrèges, it all come down to having the right talent at the right place.

Not to like a stan (even tho I am lol) but I'm sure they know about Nicolas. I mean he may not be on the Karl level of fame, but he's well-known in France. He is a designer for LV after all, and having Brigitte Macron wearing your clothes regularly also helps to cement his name to the public.
The impact may be global, but the fashion scene is quite small, it's very easy to reach out to the names that I mentioned, everyone kinda knows each other already.
Well, there are far worse option on earth than being a Ghesquière fan nowadays! (Like a Jacquemus stan? I think he got awarded "Chevaliers des Arts et des Lettres" recently, always thought he'd get the "Médaille du Mérite Agricole" before). Being french myself, I have a slight idea of Nicolas' popularity here and yes, the level of fame of a Lagerfeld is hard to beat... especially as he marketed himself far beyond the fashionable borders and was a "good client" of all sorts of talk-shows for decades.

And, well, I know they must know about those names, just wanted to emphasized it a bit to point out how much of a clueless mess Cardin is now (and already was right before and for already a long time). As you said it well, it much about the intentions...

Also funny that you mentioned other "space-age" names, 'cause today when some designer/brand wants to look a tad futuristic, they reference to a future belonging to the past. Most likely as the current future looks much less bright...

it looks like a show organised by people surrounded by yes-sayers, and who won't listen to anyone. What an incredible waste of money

it looks like a show organised by people surrounded by yes-sayers, and who won't listen to anyone. What an incredible waste of money
I guess this is exactly what it is. Both a whole company of yes-sayers and a total waste of everything.

Reminds me of that show at the end of the 2000's, "Cher Michel Klein" or something of that kind. Wasn't on schedule but happened that its location was just next to where I was 5 minutes before... and it was easy (easy, way too easy to get in without being invited by any means). Even managed to sat on second (and last, haha) row. The outfits were all outdated (or even less artistically valuable than this) and after three models from a random casting hit the runway, I started asking myself "what the point...". Cherry on the top of the cheesecake: french singer/actor Marc Lavoine (B-list, if you ask me, but it was common to see such parasites at the shows/backstage back then at least) was sitting first row in the middle, where you usually find photographers at other shows, and really outdid himself at clapping his hands in a way everybody could notice him a mile around.

Typical nonsenses happening during fashion weeks aren't a trend about to disappear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nauseated
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->