Poll: The Best November 2021 Cover of Vogue

Which Edition of Vogue Wins the Battle for Best November 2021 Cover?

• Total voters

aracic

Staff member
Reaction score
It's that time of the month again - our November poll for the best cover of Vogue is finally here!

With numerous hits Vogue magazine reaches several milestones this November - from the well applauded debut of Vogue France starring Aya Nakamura, Adele's simultaneous appearance on the covers of both British and American Vogue and designer Erdem Moralioglu's photographic debut for the three Polish Vogue covers.

Jared Leto also appears as the first male cover subject of Vogue Greece while Vogue Germany uses a two month old global reprint as their cover image. As always, there's good and there's dreadful across these 27 editions and now it's up to you to voice your opinion and decide which of them deserves the crown this month!

Vote for your top three favorite November covers in the poll above and feel free to discuss your choices in comments below.

Click to enlarge:

vPlHc03A_o.jpg

all images courtesy of Vogue

Italia is the clear winner, for me. The rest was kind of a toss-up but I went with UK and Spain.

when I look at this big image with all November Vogues lined up I always feel better.
it gives us an overall view and thankfully there are still some good ones, including good fashion content (even with shared content between Vogues I’ll take it!)

Vogue Italia (this month…), Vogue Mexico, Vogue China, British Vogue, US Vogue, Vogue Korea, Vogue Hong Kong, Vogue Arabia, Vogue Japan, Vogue Skandinavia, Vogue Polska, Vogue Singapore…

thank you so much for doing this @aracic :flower:

1. Vogue France

Like a modern update on Grace Jones, this is such a strong image of Aya Nakamura. She's dressed up and ready to command your attention. The bold styling comes along the bold statement this cover is making.

2. Vogue Italia

Another take on older fashion, this time the 60s US Vogue by Diana Vreeland. Gaga's face reminds me of the Cher covers under her leadership while the styling is something that she would've put Wilhelmina Cooper in. It's a very aesthetic-pleasing looking cover, and a strong one for VI in years.

3. Vogue Spain

Month after month I find myself loving this issue, the model looks like she's enjoying herself, there is movement, dynamism, a nice color palette that complements both the styling and background. It's such an intriguing image that makes you want to see more, and that's what a cover should always strive for.

Reactions: KoV
Vogue China was my favorite but this is a bad month overall, everything looks weak or a copy of something.

The anticipation I feel for @aracic's monthly pool is all the anticipation, ALL of it. Thank you :flower:!

My November choosen three:

1. China, because you can't put Liu Wen on the cover and expect me not to love you. Sorry. Not gonna happen.

2. Russia, because I wanted to vote for Portugal, but my phone screen betrayed me and I marked this abomination instead. (See footnote.)

3. Taiwan, because this cover is revolutionary, technically as well as subject-wise. There is no playing up the cliche, no bowing down to convention, no compromise. From the exquisite light to the unexpected angle, every piece of this machinery is engineered to make an impact that is as instant as it is durable. Pure power.

Footnote: I wanted to vote for Portugal because I'm a boring person who likes consistency.

My top three votes went to:
Vogue Arabia because Penélope Cruz is never a bad choice! The Luigi & Iango portraits look very classy, there is a sense of glamour about it and I personally love the blatant Chanel logo jewelry placement in covers so this was a complete hit for me.
Vogue Italia because Steven Meisel doing vintage covers is my favorite thing in fashion magazines right now. Even though it's not neccessarily new, he's the only one that does it now and he does it so well that I simply can't complain. There's nothing I enjoy more than the sight of old school glamour and fashion on the pages of magazines these days, it's a rare occassion but in this instance Vogue Italia truly delivered! The cover is so soft and beautiful and I genuinely can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy any day now.
British Vogue because, once again, Steven Meisel does what he does best! Adele looks incredible and the cover simply took my breath away. From the full blown hair, to her gorgeous face, to the cleavage and the magnificent yellow Vivienne Westwood - everything is impeccable! It's the first issue of Vogue I bought in over a year!

Aside from these three, I'd like to give special mentions to Vogue Korea which I really enjoyed (especially the first two covers, Hoyeon looks wonderful!), Vogue Mexico's spectacular close-up portrait of Tindi Mar which lives in my mind rent free and Vogue Ukraine which I liked this month. I feel like Vogue France gets enough praise, but that was a wonderful one as well.

Another month and ANOTHER OUTSTANDING job - despite your insane busyness! - creating this poll, my love @aracic. :heart:

giphy.gif

My votes for the best cover go to UK Vogue newsstand cover (anybody watched CBS' "Adele One Night Only"? I literally cried when she opened it with "Hello"… :cry:) and Vogue Arabia front cover.

The worst November cover IMO is Vogue Russia. And not just because the both images is awful per se, but because they (including the whole cover story spread) is totally TONE DEAF (or should I say even a bit insulting?) when it comes to the Russian girls'/women's mentality.

Definitely Vogue Italia for me! It was the nostalgia that’s been missing in my life and fashion.

Quite a strong month cover wise (even with the repurposed covers of Vogue Germany and Vogue Spain).

I voted for British Vogue with Adele because I thought it was nothing short of spectacular (would even go as far as to declare it the cover of 2021) and then voted for Vogue Arabia which is simply divine (Penélope Cruz by Luigi & Iango after all), and then of course Vogue Italia with Lady Gaga by Steven Meisel which just felt like the good old days with Franca Sozzani at the helm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->