The Edit by Net-A-Porter
July 28, 2016

Far & Away
Model Pooja Mor
Photographer Txema Yeste
Styling Morgan Pilcher

Vital Stats
Nationality: Indian
Résumé: Mor started modeling after winning a contest at university. She moved to New York last year and has worked for Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen
Instagram: @poojamor

Modeling Wasn’t My Plan…
I studied engineering and was preparing to do an Mba, and after that I wanted to open an organic vegetarian restaurant in my home town [of Bareilly]. I still want to do it. I’d also like to study in Paris.

My First Big Job... Was for Louis Vuitton. I was cast in the Cruise ’15 show in Palm Springs as soon as I arrived in New York, after their team saw me on Instagram. It was so much fun. Then fashion week came along and it was really hard!

I Use Coconut Oil Everywhere… My hair, my skin, to remove makeup. I massage it into my hair and leave it in for an hour before washing it. I also mix turmeric powder with rose water or milk and use it as a face mask.

My Style Is Very Simple… It’s loose and cool, I just put anything on and go. Mostly it’s white, black and gray, but my Indian closet is full of color – everyone there is bright and enjoying life. I tried to wear color in New York once and everybody stared at me.

I Meditate Every Day… For at least 20 minutes each morning, or an hour if I have time – it’s how I stay grounded. My family is super spiritual so meditation has been part of my life since I was a kid.
net-a-porter

:wub: She is so striking. I'm so glad that she's starting to have her moment!

New polas
artandcommerceproduction

Net-A-Porter F/W 16.17 Campaign

Photographer - Gregory Harris
Stylist - Morgan Pilcher

thehivemanagement.co.uk

Porter magazine Fall 2016

The Print: Leopard

Photography: Txema Yeste
Styling: Morgan Pilcher
Hair: Teiji Utsumi
Make-Up: Kay Montano
Set Design: Alun Davies

awake-smile.blogspot

theline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravishing for The Edit! Seems like Pooja x Txema are quite the team.

And indeed Pooja does have a sense of humour, at least to me.

Femina India August 2016
'India's Most Powerful Women'
Ph: Karel Losenicky

instagram/poojamor

Her showcard is to die for! How is she not walking any show?

Her showcard is to die for! How is she not walking any show?

Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled myself. :unsure: I expected her at Prabal Gurung's show yesterday at the very least, but (afaik) she didn't show up. And she usually walks a good number of shows in NY, more than any other city.

I wonder if this means that now Pooja is going to focus more on editorials than the runway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daaimage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->