Ports 1961 S/S 2021 Milan

If you want to dip your toe in Loewe's aesthetic cuz you don't feel sure about going all the way: this is for you!

I don't see either Alber or JWA here at all :rolleyes:...the jewelry often borrows from Valentino circa 2014, but overall the aesthetic is quite mid-2000s, which is obviously good (perhaps there's even a little tip of the hat to JPG at Hermès, but maybe that's just me?).

The best pieces are at the beginning (specifically with the slightly Prada-like prints and look 12 which kind of best correlates with the idea of 'touch' that this collection is meant to express) and the end, but overall Karl's output here is less individualistic than it was for F/W 20. I'm not sure if the gladiator sandals also always work. It makes sense that they are flat and not heels, given that no one is going to be out on the town really, but they make the silhouette of some of the looks in the middle appear a bit heavy.

This is one of the best collection from Milan so far! Just great RTW!
Beautiful clothes, beautiful styling. This is what Tods needs to give. I’m going to add Ports1961 to my « brands to buy ».

One of my Milan highlights also, think everything looks expensive, well-styled and felt cohesive as a collection overall. Not to mention how fabulous the advertising campaigns have been over recent seasons - I'm already looking forward to this campaign!

Always an underrated show and the clothes look expensive, wearable, and with just enough of creativity to make it modern and stand out. I wonder who is the creative director there now?

^ Karl Templer and Fabien Baron are co-directors I think.

Tbh they should just cancel Milan Vukmirovic's PortsV thing. The 1961 line is so easy on the eyes and desirable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moddydoo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->