Prada F/W 2023.24 by Willy Vanderperre

Br3ncon1

Reaction score
Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Li Xian, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Hunter Schafer and Letitia Wright.

PRADA_FW23-adv-camp_Benedict-Cumberbatch.jpg

PRADA_FW23-adv-camp_Letitia-Wright.jpg

PRADA_FW23-adv-camp_Kodi-Smit-McPhee.jpg

Source: WWD

Benedict Cumberbatch and Kodi Smit-McPhee?!
Wow...reminds me of the ''Power of dogs''
Actually I think this is like a Loewe campaign though lol...

This looks cheap and ununspired. Willy has the technical ability to produce something stunning without gimmicks, yet he continues to produce mediocre work for the brand. I'll never forget those stunning campaigns he did for Jil Sander. Perhaps I should stop comparing what he did then to now, but I can't help it.

How could he go from this:

Jil Sander Lara Stone 01.JPG

to this?

PRADA_FW23-adv-camp_Letitia-Wright.jpg

wad, design scene

This looks cheap and ununspired. Willy has the technical ability to produce something stunning without gimmicks, yet he continues to produce mediocre work for the brand. I'll never forget those stunning campaigns he did for Jil Sander. Perhaps I should stop comparing what he did then to now, but I can't help it.

How could he go from this:

View attachment 1232485

to this?

View attachment 1232486

wad, design scene
It's odd how his trajectory has gone because he did some cinematic and rather Hitchcockian campaigns for Jil Sander that would seem very fitting for Prada. Particularly when I think of Glen Luchford's work for the brand. Even the campaigns he did for Prada pre-Raf were miles ahead of this.

I also always wonder why they never got Drew Vickers to do the campaigns again after those stunning studio shots he did for Resort 2020.

I think it's time for Prada to test something with Mert and Marcus or Steven Klein, maybe even Tim Walker...

I think it's time for Prada to test something with Mert and Marcus or Steven Klein, maybe even Tim Walker...

Prada by Tim Walker would be an interesting combo. Also, could be nice to see Rafa Pavarotti on it - maybe some new blood can help bringing these campaigns to live.

Not Willy Vanderperre. For a while I was surprised that Raf and Olivier didn't bring him back on board from the start, but I guess now that he doesn't have mainline Raf to do campaigns for anymore...he has to get his check from somewhere and his crew isn't going to let him down. It is so odd because I went through his Jil Sander campaigns and they were stunning and hold up better than his current work.

I prefer when only Prada mainline men's campaigns would hire actors, while the women's ads had real models. And actresses would be in Miu Miu campaigns instead, it just worked better.

Prada never had any codes beyond wrinkly blouses - deal with it Prada fans. Raf is branding Prada really well so I dont see him going anywhere.

This fits that sort of Museum energy that Raf has. Its still dumb and I really find the plants off putting.

it's giving Amateur Pantomime Class after the teacher said: «Imaging being this flower in front of you».

Just laughable.

Prada never had any codes beyond wrinkly blouses - deal with it Prada fans.

spoken like someone who's seen slideshows of two Prada shows from the 00s to now i.e. wrong and uninformed.

I've liked some of the post-Raf stuff but that's nearly always been the collections that had influences of old Prada, it's not a brand that will flourish by being Jil Sander-ised (Raf's best womenswear work, and actually great - but the aesthetic and his tendencies don't always translate as well to houses that are capable of a little more flourish)

this campaign remains inferior.

Was this inspired by Little Shop of Horrors? Hunter looks about to be eaten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->