Prada 'Galleria' Handbags 2021 : Hunter Schafer by Xavier Dolan

Cute

Reaction score
Director: Xavier Dolan
Creative Director: Ferdinando Verderi
Casting Director: Ashley Brokaw

prada

Filmmaker Xavier Dolan directs his personal vision the Prada Galleria's identity in a cinematic short that draws inspiration from a ceaseless fascination with the iconography of the fashion industry.

Hunter Schafer is our heroine - a romantic, a young girl imagining her place within her different fantasies. We leap from her bedroom, to imaginings of a fashion shoot, universal reflections of fashion as imagined in the popular consciousness, an escape from her reality.

A constant presence, Schafer’s fantasy is the Prada Galleria, a talisman of fashion, reimagined in different contexts, differing locales and visions, jolting between imaginary scenes and scenarios, between multiple micro-narratives.

i'm pleasantly suprised seeing them cast an openly trans woman, didn't really expect this from prada

everything is bad.

the background, her hair, angles and expressions...
Hunter can photograph better than this!

and that video? it’s so cringe!!! the bag is SOOOO OUT OF PLACE.
if they wanted to push for this bag again this wasn’t it.

Great to see Hunter being casted for big brands and for a campaign nonetheless. She can do much better than this. Also, the styling, hair and make up gives me a massive hint to the Gigi Hadid by Mert & Marcus for W Magazine editorial.

The bag is not ugly by any means, It is however an old design with some questionable construction. The construction of the bag is unnecessarily complicated. The piping on the seams, the thick layers of leather on the zipper opening, and the scratch prone saffiano leather. Just take a look at Purseforum, and you can see how these elements are problem. They should really consider researching and developing The Galleria 2. A version that is more streamlined and modern. The entire bag division needs a reboot. This campaign just comes off as desperate and the bag is very out of place.

Waste of a decent concept on a boring bag that looks out of place. Also, i know this is a small detail, but that basic black pump on top of the tv was off putting. That girl, in that room... would not have that bag and that pump as a focus. No ma'am

I like Hunter but she was made to look really drunk in the video, she even has that heavy blushing in her face...

I could never stand Saffiano leather...

The photos are so Modelmayhem and its most likely the hair! The video doesn't make sense either, someone with that hair couldn't be caught dead listening to Opera. The literally turned her into a serial killer, not the chic type either.

The set piece of that more is more is more room and the styling is so not Prada and so not the Gallaria. It’s like a pitiful attempt at a Gucci aesthetic? I don’t get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"