Prada Website

its prada... i think its somehow tacky to have a website, luxury good companies i think have to keep up appearances... the only designer brand site that i like is balenciaga, most others are just full of gimmicks and over-designed

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one. I looked it up, and I must have sat their for five minutes, just clicking the pictures and hoping something would happen!

hugobossdaria said:
i fell so dumb for clicking on the pics on the prada website
don't feel bad, when i first went there i did the sme thing- :P

I kept thinking, whats wrong with my computer, why wont this work?!?!

AlexN said:
Just another way for Prada to try to be way more elitest than they really are, even through their website. "We're Prada, dahling. If you're really one of us, you don't need a website telling you things. You should aleady know. The site is merely meant to be a pretty display, since our customers don't actually know how to use their computers. They have people to do that for them, mmmkay?..."

yes ... they are from years ... everybody heard about Prada .... and they want to be "important"? I think they are doin right! if you wanna runway looks go to style, if you wanna bio of miuiccia -google it :D

hugobossdaria said:
i fell so dumb for clicking on the pics on the prada website

same here :blush:

I didnt' realize there was a thread on this.. I was actually quite puzzled for the longest time.

Anyboby know, except for Miu Miu, Jil, Helmut and Azzedine, what else brand under Prada? Miu is the diffusion line of Prada, isn't it? how is Azzedine?

Lily530 said:
Here's what my Prada-employee friend told me:

We're not actually operating a commercial website: the opening page is all there
is! Same goes for Miu Miu, Jil, Helmut and Azzedine, for that matter!

Problem solved. :flower:

has Azzedine got a website? hmmmm.....

:heart:

thank goodness i stumbled across this thread! i thought i was going crazy or my computer was breaking down!

seni said:
Anyboby know, except for Miu Miu, Jil, Helmut and Azzedine, what else brand under Prada? Miu is the diffusion line of Prada, isn't it? how is Azzedine?

Possibly Genny - anyone know if they still own it?

They sold Helmut Lang recently, so that's no longer under the umbrella.

They briefly owned Church's Shoes, but I believe they sold off the last of their stake in it not too long ago. Ditto for Fendi.

So it's down to Prada, Prada Sport, Miu, Azzedine, and maybe Genny.

I don't think they have Azzedine anymore, either. So, I believe now it is just Prada, Prada Sport, Miu Miu, and Jil Sander.

John

courtesy of www.rfidjournal.com

Merging Channels
Another concept Prada is experimenting with is merging the online and offline channel. Once George has helped you pick out a few items you want to try on, they are brought to the dressing room and placed in a smart closet. Prada plans to offer a system where the sales associate creates a session for you and everything you hang in the closet is identified. If you want, you can save the information in your personal database. The idea is the next day, when you have time at work, you can go online to a special Web site created for top customers and see the items in your "digital closet."

You will be able to get more information about the items or see related products. You can't actually order anything and pay with your credit card, since Prada wants the relationship to be personal. But there is a tool that lets you message sales associates. You can tell them that you'd like to come in and try on a few related items you found on the Web, or arrange for you to pick up the handbag you picked out for your wife at the store. This lets Prada maintain the customer relationship even when you aren't in the store.

"There will be a series of tools that will be on the Web that will give customers access in different ways, and these will change over time," says Eckfeldt. "As Prada develops new ideas, there will be new things that will let people experience the collection in new ways."

Last edited by a moderator:
helmuts website is very minimilistic, but incredibly boring, i was expecting somethign sleek, but when i clicked all i got was some webpage i coudlve made on my own...

Andro said:
courtesy of www.rfidjournal.com

Merging Channels
Another concept Prada is experimenting with is merging the online and offline channel. Once George has helped you pick out a few items you want to try on, they are brought to the dressing room and placed in a smart closet. Prada plans to offer a system where the sales associate creates a session for you and everything you hang in the closet is identified. If you want, you can save the information in your personal database. The idea is the next day, when you have time at work, you can go online to a special Web site created for top customers and see the items in your "digital closet."

You will be able to get more information about the items or see related products. You can't actually order anything and pay with your credit card, since Prada wants the relationship to be personal. But there is a tool that lets you message sales associates. You can tell them that you'd like to come in and try on a few related items you found on the Web, or arrange for you to pick up the handbag you picked out for your wife at the store. This lets Prada maintain the customer relationship even when you aren't in the store.

"There will be a series of tools that will be on the Web that will give customers access in different ways, and these will change over time," says Eckfeldt. "As Prada develops new ideas, there will be new things that will let people experience the collection in new ways."

yeah, I heard about that exact concept from Prada a few years ago.. still waiting for that to come around.. :doh:

yourbestfriend said:
helmuts website is very minimilistic, but incredibly boring, i was expecting somethign sleek, but when i clicked all i got was some webpage i coudlve made on my own...
Typical of Helmut...very unconventional. He even advertise on architectural magazine!! Domus

I do agree with Fashiongirl84007, the website doesn't work at all. There should be something on it and so does Miu Miu's. Can anyone answer?

yourbestfriend said:
Exactly. At the time of its launch, there was a backlash in the web community against tacky Flash-driven and gimmick-heavy websites. It was actually considered elitist to go completely lo-res and err on the side of functionailty. Besides, Helmut's site was very in line with the company's corporate branding - minimalist, down to the concept: black html text on clean white backgrounds, simple left-justified copy, simple, unfussy photography. The clothing was always the focus, and the branding design always stayed minimalist (their logo, a simple Helvetica Condensed-type font in black, epitomized this), so the website was perfectly in keeping with all that.

AlexN said:
Just another way for Prada to try to be way more elitest than they really are, even through their website. "We're Prada, dahling. If you're really one of us, you don't need a website telling you things. You should aleady know. The site is merely meant to be a pretty display, since our customers don't actually know how to use their computers. They have people to do that for them, mmmkay?..."

Anyhow...obviously they're not doing a very good job since people are feeling more confused than elite right now.

When I worked with Prada prior to the launch of their beauty line in 1998, their website was already just an image and nothing but. Even the logo hasn't changed - it's likely the exact same file from 1998. You would know that there were no hidden clickable links if you looked at their source code - it has nothing but the images. When I inquired why they refused to develop their site beyond that (as I wanted to pitch designing it for them) the word I got from the Creative Director of Prada's beauty line was that Miuccia didn't believe in the internet, and that she didn't want people having access to her designs so easily on the web, as even back then knockoffs were already a problem. It seems she's held on to that belief, although if her perfume site is any indication, it may seem like she's relenting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The D&G website has got to be the opposite of prada. It has so much web design that I just go crazy with the intro alone and give up on the god damn thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->