Precious: Based on the novel Push by Sapphire 2009

Finally saw it. It's a decent enough movie, but ultimately, I was disappointed. I was hoping to be more engaged with the characters. Looking back at it, I found the trailers more effective than the movie itself. I blame the director. He failed to bring it alive for me. The one thing that saves it is the acting. It's brilliant. Gaby carries the whole thing and I love that she managed to keep me on her side the whole way through. There was a real danger of just being like, 'ok, we get it', sort of thing, but Gaby's performance was very real and touching. But I loved Mo'Nique even more. That was a fierce performance. I wanted the whole movie to be about her (though maybe then I'd be sick of her, lol). Seriously though, she was amazing. Brutal, scary, funny, sad, touching, etc. I've always liked her, but always as a comedienne, but she totally nailed this part too.

I watched it last night and thought that it definitely lived up to the hype.

Mo'Nique did a great job because I really hated her character! Every time she appeared on screen, I cringed in anticipation of what she would do next.

I actually wish that I didn't know ahead of time that Mariah Carey or Lenny Kravitz were in the movie because it took me out of the story briefly as I spotted them. They were both very good and as someone else mentioned, they disappeared into their roles so I probably would have been surprised at the end to see their names in the credits (had I not known).

i wanna see this movie so bad; where have i been? :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igobyjuju
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->