Privé Asia Winter 2008 : Elyse Sewell

i loved this edit from the moment Elyse posted it on her blog, she looks amazing! the photography, of course, is spectacular. I was really surprised/impressed by the overall quality of the work..she doesn't post her own work often & i didn't think she was getting it THAT good, tbh

omg, her expression is so amazing!
the whole shoot and the cover shot especially is so inspirational!
thanks a lot for the scan :smile:

slightly bigger images...

evan1.jpgevan2.jpg
evan3.jpgevan4.jpg
evan5.jpgevan6.jpg
evan7.jpgevan8.jpg
evan9.jpgevan10.jpg
baldovinobarani.com

:heart::heart:

Elyse's comments on the shoot:
"I was modeling the beautiful designer nun suit and other clothes for a magazine editorial. I CAN'T WAIT for the pics to come out; I adore the photographer [Baldovino Barani]. He only uses natural light, not studio lights, which liberates the entire shoot: in a studio situation, if I so much as kneel down on the ground, everything grinds to a halt while the photographer and his assistants adjust a ****load of lights. THIS photographer took me out on the streets of HK...when a trolley rolled by, he yelled, "Get on it!" and I ran down the sidewalk in my enormous gown and climbed up on the trolley while he took pics. We shot inside of fruit stands, in an elevator, on the sidewalk where I tried to convince old men to give me a hug...it was awesome.

Furthermore, in Asia, the photographer usually shows the model a "reference" picture- something he's ripped out of Italian Vogue or the like- then asks her to copy the pose. This photographer's "reference" was a bunch of pics of evangelists and faith healers from the 1920s! There was no stultifying pose copying; he just said, "OK, we've dressed you up as a bizarre extraterrestrial evangelist...go!"

This shoot was an example of the absolute zenith of fun and glamor of my job. I loved it. And at the end of the day, I pulled that little hood off my head and did indeed ride the bus home in full makeup and matted sweat-hair, making that face the whole time!"
livejournal

Thanks a lot for sharing. Excellent photos ...
rating_5.gif

Furthermore, in Asia, the photographer usually shows the model a "reference" picture- something he's ripped out of Italian Vogue or the like- then asks her to copy the pose.

:lol:
thanks for them, i enjoy this shoot so much :smile:

ooh!

what a gorgeous ed!!!!

I had no idea Elyse could model like that?! kudos.

What an editorial:heart:

I love the contrast between Elyse and the streets. She looks like a goddess paying a visit to the human world. The choose of location is great too. Sheung Wan is a very exotic place. It's perfect for the shoot.

Agree about the location, Sheung Wan would be the best place.:flower: I really love this editorial, the photography and the model..oh I'm loving Elyse now!:blush:

This is a bit ironic but I often appreciate Hong Kong more through these kind of photoshoots.B)

It's all come together so well - model, photographer and location - and you can feel the magic. It's great to see a set of images that reminds you why fashion photography is about more than selling products, it can also be about capturing the spirit of a dream.

this is haute!!!!!!Shows you that you dont have to pose in Vogue to get a brilliant portfolio

ahh Elyse!!!! gorgeous!! my my!
is this mag available in Southeast Asia?

my grandfather's sister lives here...i remember the store in 2nd pic of #1...

This is wonderful:clap:absolutely flawless photography and a great model, with a feeling harking back to a nostalgic time we really don't see anymore.
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Thanks kasper! for directing me to this thread.:flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->