Proenza Schouler F/W 04.05 New York

boring,redundant, dark and disappointing... :cry:

too bad-b/c s/s was great...

I don't care for the lace-back spats they showed:

100125867.jpg

I do like the swingy red coat.

I shouldnt even be on this board right now -- Im just swamped with work..I fess up I'm addicte...and I must be if Im taking the time to write about this design team that everyone loves so much.

I'd really like to be cheerleaders for them too...
BUT I just cant.

I like that they play with different shapes. However I think anyone can play with different shapes, textures, and colors ...whats special is when it works with the human who has to wear it.

I just dont think these silhouettes are flattering.
The fabric textures and drape seem to not combine properly.
And, the clothes are not fitted that well -- not what you'd expect from a name that is getting so much fame right now.

You can reinvent the wheel if you want to, but if it comes out like a square, its not really a wheel anymore now is it?

The designs just dont justify themselves.

On a positive note, I do like the one they did in those fotos that is aubergine and olive.

Its wierd, it has this mixture of Miu Miu and Gucci a/w 2003

Proenza Schouler seems to be going back to their debut Fall collection. Not surprising since that was their most acclaimed collection so far and it was gave them their own look. The update this season? Parkas and more Gucci-Fall-2003-ish cuts in the dresses. Did it work? No, not IMO.

i dont find myself so moved i see alot of gucci and the background seems to outshine the clothes!!

anyone who has any experience in the industry knows what a feat it is for these two to be as recognized as they are in such a short period of time...in just a handful of seasons they have established a strong proenza look and continue to explore new ground...i got a strong downtown feeling out of this collection (sort of a how an uptown girl dresses to do a downtown gallery opening or some such)...and those dresses are the most seductive i've seen since gucci. it takes a confident woman to wear these clothes, yet there is a cerebral quality that peaks out in the details

this might sounds offtopic
but where i can find bigger pic for old collection like this Proenza

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odel2233
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->