Proenza Schouler F/W 09.10 New York

when i look at this ...
i think a Chamonix young girl went downtown NY ....
something from the ski .... i don't know ...

but i agree with gius ... there's something odd with this collection and i can't put my finger on it ...

I adore the coats.
The tan and black coats are fantastic.

The first coat loaded and then one of the coloured silk Miu Miu/Prada pieces came up and I was put off.
But I love the coats.

The big coats at Matthew Williamson and here are reason enough for me to get myself a nice big coat for winter.

Proenza Schouler is indeed a real down this year. Half I like, the other half I'd like to throw out a window.

As I stated before, I'm not nearly impressed.
Very uninspiring and dull collection. They've done SO much better in past seasons... even the pre-fall collection had more hope than this. The only thing that I sort of like is the shoes..

The coats and jackets are nice, but the collection gets weirder towards the end and I don't really like it...

it looks like something a London fashion student would make , the clothes suck , their S/S 2008 was sooo rich , i guess they ran out of money , and with their crappy s/s 2009 ,which will hardly , i wonder whats going to happen
i don't know, i feel this is decadent too, there are a lot of burn-out velvets and perhaps textured jacquards and knits.. quite expensive fabrics

I need something else BESIDES my meds to keep me from looking depressed and it looks like Proenza Schouler is not going to help me come Fall.

On another note, even for such a depressing collection, the detail shots still show that the craftmanship is wonderful and I think I might get my hands on that weird clutch/portfolio thing.

I like it, it's sophisticated, but not too much.

I'm less sure about the velvet dress, but it's still a good collection imo.

Love the devore silk velvet fabric, a clever, uncomplicated choice to express marbled texture, though could have been even further layered in the hues and pushed for more fantastical results. They're smart to stick to their sleek body-con signature, though I wish they'd abandon the bustier thing altogether - it is rather tired!

i love those black panels at the side of the coats... it really slim the silhouette up...

I think the collection could have been stronger. The structure of the coats are very cool but I think their stronger pieces were the purple and green devoiree silk tops and dresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's depressing, it seems like decadent depression to me...
I like the close ups, but the full shots don't do it for me. I love the brooches/pins though - and some of the colours used on the dresses :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->