Proenza Schouler S/S 2024 New York

It’s funny how I can often pinpoint full collections and exact looks from the past, from other designers, that they have looked at and made their version of it.

I should make a post sometime with the side-by-side counterparts.

Yet, I like their collections. Must be because I liked the original and it makes a positive connection in my brain.

As much as I wanna hate on this (God knows why), it's good! Better than Bottega or whatever.

This is pure non sense. This brand is pure non-sense…
No identity at all. Anonymous clothes nobody remembers that could have been designed by anybody. They only shines because so much mediocrity is allowed in NYFW but tbh, brands like Khaite are more interesting than them…

20 years of blending in the background of fashion.

Not bad. Very bland. I dont know why i have to see the same look in multiple colors. It seems they really struggled to pull this collection of anonymous clothes together - since the majority of the collection is repeats.

Senseless.

I just finished reading Finney’s “The Body Snatchers” and the foreboding aura of hive minded vacuity rings very true here, if not for the majority of NYFW thus far. The month itself has barely begun…

It’s just tiring now to look through collections of complete nothingness. Just came from the soulless Dion Lee collection too, so that adds to the exhaustion.

Would it KILL New York designers to try something unique? There's great potential in this kind of minimalism, but their seeming TERROR at trying anything new is precisely why I've always thought this brand was little more than hype.

This is pure non sense. This brand is pure non-sense…
No identity at all. Anonymous clothes nobody remembers that could have been designed by anybody. They only shines because so much mediocrity is allowed in NYFW but tbh, brands like Khaite are more interesting than them…

20 years of blending in the background of fashion.
That’s it. There is no identity to this brand and no creativity either.

^ I'm not so sure, if that's the case then maybe there's something to actually look forward to.

I used to enjoy these guys' work up until about ten years ago when they became really, really lazy.

I see a lot of Matthieu Blazy, some JW Anderson and of course still some Phoebe Philo (Céline S/S 2014) here. No soul, no fun, just bland knock-offs.

For them this is a great collection, but ofcourse the bar is set criminally low.

the white jacket and simple pure looks are smart styling tricks that recall early Jil or Prada (surely on the moodboard this season).

when I scrolled through it I thought, “this would be a good acne collection”. And for acne it would be alright because their identity and heritage always had these kind of accessible clothes. Proenza always wants to give us this idea that it’s high fashion, but it just lacks the backing of creativity to be that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->