Purple lipsticks

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Platinum Blonde, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Platinum Blonde

Platinum Blonde Active Member

I did a search about purple lipsticks but I couldn't find any so I decided to start one. I really love purple lips but I think it is scary to wear it in public. Have you ever had a purple lipstick or do you wanna buy any particular? Please write the brand and the name or number of the colour.

I have one right now from H&M called Orchidding Me. I used to have one from Viva La Diva called Very Violet. They are two very different purple shades. Orchidding Me is a very dark purple on the berry side and Very Violet is a very bright medium purple with a bluish tinge
    I would say.

2. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

funny you should bring this up...
    i have an old one that i used to wear regularly...
    it's purple with a bluish frost...
    by mac...no idea about the name though...

it was definitely awkward wearing it cause i got a lot of stares...
    but i liked it so much that i did it anyway...
    then- when i was wearing it at a fashion show in milan, a japanese reporter asked to take my pic...

:lol:...

been thinking about it a lot lately and may have to revive the idea...

:innocent:

#2 softgrey, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by moderator starrb81477: Aug 25, 2015
  3. Andrea.RL

Andrea.RL Active Member

I'd like to try it, but purple lips are often in darker shades, and dark shades tends to make thin lips look thinner. :-( but then I don't know if eventually doing a sort of double color a la Miu Miu would work? Like put a lighter shade in the middle to catch light and make it seem more plumb ^_^

4. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

I always have purple lipsticks and glosses around, always from MAC ... usually they are limited edition, but they do bring them out regularly. The lipsticks I have right now are Sweet Succulence and Primrose Lustre (Proenza Schouler).

5. EuropeanGlamour

I have a bunch but Mac Heroine and Mac Rebel come to mind first. The latter is pinky-purple on me and Heroine is more of a lavender purple. Both are gorgeous!