Q&A: Growing Out Short Hair

does anyone have any suggestions for growing out a pixie cut? I love having my hair short, but after 4 years of variations on the same cut, I'm thinking of growing it out again (which is a total drag since my hair doesn't grow that fast). My hair is medium brown, somewhat fine, and wavy, and i have a relatively small heart-shaped face with big eyes (i'm part latin). does anyone have pics of nice cuts for wavy hair in between, let say, a bob and a pixie? I'm thinking keeping my bangs quite short (frames my face better + i have a slight widow's peak so it helps) and trying for a bob as with this pic of ms. moss. i'm not looking forward to this, but as i'm in my late 20s i feel like it may be nice to have long hair again for a while. any suggestions or pics would be great.:flower:

Attachments

• kate bob.jpg
    kate bob.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 48
i thought i'd turn this into a general in between pixie and bob haircut thread, realizing that there isn't much to go on for wavy hair after one leaves a pixie and before getting to long long hair. Most medium short hair lengths are for straight hair: very architectural. here're some more pics :wink: :

Attachments

• twighair.jpg
    twighair.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 304
  • edie.jpg
    edie.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 305
  • edie 2.jpg
    edie 2.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 306
  • keira.jpg
    keira.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 303
  • keira 2.jpg
    keira 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 302
here's fonda's shag, the second one is from elle:

Attachments

• klute.jpg
    klute.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 301
  • montage_klute.gif
    montage_klute.gif
    65.5 KB · Views: 14
  • fonda.jpg
    fonda.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 8

Attachments

• bout.jpg
    bout.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 295
  • BoutPatricia1.jpg
    BoutPatricia1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
  • mia.jpg
    mia.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 294
  • mia-farrow-1.jpg
    mia-farrow-1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 295
  • Mia_Farrow.jpg
    Mia_Farrow.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 296
more, of ms. moss from a tfs search, and a twiggy (longish pixie) from my archives:

Attachments

• kate.jpg
    kate.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 23
  • kate moss hair.jpg
    kate moss hair.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Twiggy.jpg
    Twiggy.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 7
i am intrested in growing my hair long. i have kept it less than 2-3" short for the past 6ish years, alternating between buzzcut (#2) and longer top spiked and short buzzed sides. i would like to grow it out like in the pictures i attached, shaggy about 4-6 inches. i have a few questions.
1. how fast would it be to get to this length (Factoring in normal hair growth a month/week and that its almost summer and it grows faster in summer)
2. how do i manage growing my hair shaggy from all the same length all over (should i get a pre-grow out cut [like longer top shorter bottom] to make it easier to grow out and try to limit the akward stage of growing)
3. when i was younger and had longer hair, my hair would always be straight. i wish that my hair would grow out to be wavy/curley, is there any product or way that i can make my hair wavy/curley from straight long hair easily?
4. i get dandruff and my head gets itchy when my hair gets longer, how should i avoid it?

thanks for your help, ive kept my hair short for such a long time, ive forgot what its like to have long hair and need to ask for help. the guys at my school have long hair, and it looks really good and i envy them for it. any reply or advice would be great! i can't wait!

me current on left, then pictures of the hair id like to have

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 20
1. at LEAST 6months to a year for those types
2. i would just let it grow until it gets awkward, then go in for a trim.
3. there a definetley products to make your hair wavy. just look in the products aisle.
4. dandruff= head and shoulders. after your scalp gets acustomed to it, switch to a shampoo and conditioner that is meant for longer hair.

It will probably take more than six months. I had hair at my temple, and it took around 7-8 months for it to make it to my my jaw. I also take biotin so if it was actually working, it will take longer than that.

For curly/wavy try Pantene Pro-V - Hydrating Curls Shampoo and conditioner. My sister uses it and it really works

For dandruff if you really want it to go away, don't go for products you can just buy at the shops (ie. Head and Shoulders) because it usually just comes back. Go for something you can buy at a salon
ORRRR you can just have a healthy diet (plenty of vegetables with lots of greens--not potatoes--and good quality meat) and get plenty of exercise/sleep ---it works

And as for growing hair, I agree with the previous two^
Good luck

I have intense psorasis of the scalp, blonde colour that is growing out, fried ends from straightening... what should I do?

Just bumping this up..

I am so unsuccessful at growing my hair out! :(
Everytime I go to the hairdresser's for a 'trim' they end up chopping off much more of my hair than I had wished for.. grr.

i've used viviscal, my hair is growing healthy and strong and is shinier. I have it to the longest it has ever been without splitting- ive also had to trim it 3 times this year already!

hey all, jus got a qn...is it true that your hair grows faster after a cut? even if it is jus a lil trim? im currently trying my best to grow my hair out...it's been nearly 6months...wondering if i shld go and tidy my hair up...hmm..

I find it hard to believe that a trim promotes growth. Hair is dead - it's a collection of dead cells held together by keratin, so how could trimming the end of a collection of dead cells stimulate growth at the follicle?

I think it's a myth - it looks neater at the ends so it's easier to see it growing, maybe?

lol...so true. thanks for that rainglow. :D looks like i'll just have to deal with my thick, frizzy hair so i grow it out! :X ugh.

I'd stop getting your hair cut every six weeks. If you use a really good conditioner, adjust your hairstyle/haircut, you should be able to go three or four months. That should be a big help right there ...

PS There's an astrologically-ideal time in the moon cycle I believe to get your hair cut so it will grow. Suggest Googling this and following the instructions ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miumeow
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->