Question? Open Toes Shoes In The Winter

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but I hate when I see girls wearing open toe shoes in the winter-whether its at a bar, a club or a restuarant, I feel that in New York City in the dead of winter people should have the common sense to cover their toes.... :woot:

am i crazy?

OMG, you saw that dits in the Village this weekend too?!?!?! Or was there more than one? :lol: Maybe they have one pair of good shoes and can't wait to wear it.

My pet peeve is when people wear stilettos in snow and ice. I couldn't imagine being that high-maintenance that I couldn't put my heels away for even one day, even for safety's sake.

Bella, faust
I think that same ditz moved onto the club I was in that evening.
I got dragged out to Crobar (NYC) for a birthday this weekend and there was some girl wearing hideous open toed platforms in freezing cold, rainy weather.

Actually Ive seen several people doing this- Im wondering if its the start of a cult....im appalled by it...lol...i guess it just one of my pet peeves

That's nothing.. I saw a girl walking around in flip flops in the snow the other day.

Crazy biatch.

Hey.. I wore open toe shoes last night.. it was to a wedding..but still LOL
I can understand if someone wears open toe when its raining or snowing and be like WTF...but if its just a lil chilly then I see no problem with wearing open toe... the weather is looking good this week.. I still wouldnt wear open toe shoes out during the day...but hey..to each their own ..no need to call names or think ppl are in a cult lol geez... meow :wink:

i dont quite understand it either.
but then again, if you are not walking and get into a car from your house and back into your car once your evening or day is over. why not.
i know lots of friends who do wear open toe when we go clubbing. but then again it doesnt look odd on them.
in london, its does freak me when in winter all these teenage girls walk around town with mini skirts and open toe sandals and they are super super white... so its not like its an attractive sight.
no offense to pale skins, but the ones i am talking about just look different.
what makes it worse is that, because its unusual you tend to look at their feet. and most of the time they just got ugly toes :yuk:
but i think thats just the mass in london on a weekend night out :ninja:

otherwise im not against it

It's hilarious. Girls will be decked out in suede, leather and furs and you look down and they are wearing the most ridiculously filmsy pair of flip-flops. This girl, her toes were already turning blue. Not very becoming.

I don't wear open toes during winter but I do wear heels all the time no matter it's raining or snowing.

like leyla said, if only traversing max. 50 feet then go for it. but if snowing, then it'd look a bit ridiculous...

I agree with Leyla and whereisthatsusu, if you're going to a party or whatever, and are not going to be walking much outside, it's fine, otherwise :sick:

I never understood women who wear flip flops to the office. :yuk: They're OK if you're just going to the convenience store but I don't think they should replace regular shoes, especially if the rest of the outfit is dressy.

Originally posted by Missy44x@Mar 23rd, 2004 - 5:56 pm

I can understand if someone wears open toe when its raining or snowing and be like WTH....no need to call names or think ppl are in a cult lol - meow :wink:
There is nothing weird about people wearing sandals/open-toe shoes in winter, everyone has different tastes and some people feel the cold more than others. My best friend wears her flip-flops during school run, going to the shops etc. When she goes out to a "do" she wears strappy sandals. I wear strappy sandals when i go to clubs/restaurants etc, and never feel cold, as i dont wait in queues or lines and we drive everywhere we go. :wink: I have no problem with people wearing what they like. Flip flops and Fur coats, now thats a little strange, and i have yet to witness that one :( , as i said before - " whatever turns you on, you go do" :wink:

I also think it depends on what your perception of cold is. I feel most comfortable in flip flops. I wear my flip flops in Sask. in November because thats what I like. When I came to london and realized they had effectively no winter I was pleasantly surprised because that meant I could wear my flip flops more often.
As Lena knows ( :lol: ) i wore open toed shoes in Paris in Feb. but it was because the cold really doesn't bother my feet and thats all that counts. I actually had a girl call her mother and point at my feet as I walked by because I was wearing open toed shoes. I don't have a problem with it :flower:

Originally posted by OriginalGucciGirl@Mar 24th, 2004 - 11:51 am
" whatever turns you on, you go do" :wink:
I agree! :boxer:

Although I for one can't reconcile myself to wearing open-toed shoes or strappy sandals in the winter. It's hard enough for me to break out the slingbacks in November! Aside from not wanting my tootsies to get cold, :cry: I just don't feel seasonally appropriate. I don't know, I guess I just think there so many fabulous d'Orsay pumps out there if you want to expose some foot flesh in the winter! Plus I have ugly feet, so I rarely go strappy, even in the winter...what do I know?! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acronia15
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->