Vogue Declares...no More Pointy Toes!

Pointy toes are always classic- if you have good taste then you know what is classic and stylish, and you don't change with the trends of every season. i don't see manolo making any round toes.

I think round toes always look cheaper and less sophisticated than pointy.

Pointy toes have always looked great to me since i was born in the early 80's.

It's a classic. It's like saying that the colour BLACK is out, which I've actually READ in some magazines this season.

It's just consumerism - a way to make everyone constantly spend, spend, spend to look hot.

The only people who really should care about trends are people who are 14 - I say you're young , have fun, spend money! You have no rent to pay anyway.

But once you become 18+, an adult, that's when you find out what is special and great and perfect FOR YOU and trends become obsolete. Some people love pointy shoes, and some people don't.

u re right, i have actually met girls who NEVER wore pointy shoes. i always wondered how they managed to do that. don t get me wrong there are plenty of round toe shoes that are absolutely fabulous, but pointy shoes are definitly here to stay. they might not be so all over the place like they have been for the past 10 yrs or so. but they ll always be here as a perfect shoe option to fall back on.:rolleyes:

Dego said:
Then, exactly, what does?

Being around a group of cutting edge folks who all decide they like to wear a certain kind of thing around the same time.

I think.

In other words, not the masses, necessarily.

cbcb said:
Being around a group of cutting edge folks who all decide they like to wear a certain kind of thing around the same time.

Then who decides what is 'cutting edge'?

Also consider that this thread is almost a year old.....

As You Like It said:
Rejoice?

AFAIK, they've been "out" for a couple of years amongst the trendsetters, the new, rounder, more natural look is only just now starting to catch on "on the ground."
agreed, haven't worn my pointy style shoes for ages, but still won't be chucking them out just yet:wink:

Although round toes can be nice, I will always love my pointy toes for the really dressy, sexy look.

Babycakes

Babycakes said:
Although round toes can be nice, I will always love my pointy toes for the really dressy, sexy look.

Babycakes

Nice classic pumps.

Skirt's too long though.

Last edited by a moderator:
brian said:
i've never liked pointy toes, and i never will.

Yeh i have never been the biggest fan.
I totally hate flat points,
But i like some heels that are points.

I guess we will just have to wait and see if this trend is out, Last night when i was out i was looking around and seen heaps of people wearing points still .. so :innocent:

I don't mind either..
but, a good pair of pointy shoes make my feet look petite and elongates my legs.. a plus with any lady of course ^_^

for me, rounded toe or flat boots from this season are a bit trickier.. If i'm wearing something an oversized shirt or a coat that is not fitted, they can look a bit clunky

but again, to veer on the pointy side.. it seems more appropriate for the office.. you could say rounds are more comfortable but I can tell you my feet have never been so roughed up as when I wore any of my marc jacobs rounded flats..

I think its like gold vs. silver. We all have both, and there will always be a time when you can wear one or the other..:heart:

Ive never worn Flat Pointies beforee and because im tall and cant really wear heels because everyone is normal height where i livee it quite surprisingg but never had a thing for themm

I think both serve their purpose. What a silly statement....tosh to Vogue! Honestly.... I sincerely hope there aren't a bunch of fools actually taking Vogue word for word like it's the ACTUAL bible or something.....

vogue can declare whatever they want to i am just not listening :wink:
pointy shoes are classic (as mentioned before) and they suit me best. and that is the only thing that counts as i do find nothing more "out and boring" than beeing a fashion slave and wear things that are not flattering just because they are "declared must haves" :ninja:

I don't like pointy toes on cheap shoes...it makes the shoe even cheaper...but I love it on the classic pump:heart:

Babycakes said:

Babycakes
Beautiful, classic, and never out of style, Babycakes!:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
stilettogirl84 said:
I second that! oh and on men, slightly pointed shoes can look so good. I want a pair, and american vogue can ...go away!!:ninja:

haven't been to this thread in a while. The round toes have been so predominant dor so long now, i have broken down and gotten a pair of round pumps,- but I don't wear them much.

and you can be sure I'm not getting rid of my pointys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jxxn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->