Rachel Williams

hfgl

there is no fear
Reaction score
Super amazon Goddess :D

hfgl

Bio from Wikipedia
Rachel Williams is a American model, actor, and TV presenter now living in the United Kingdom.

Biography

Her father Tod Williams and stepmother Billie Tsien are architects in the Manhattan firm Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects, well-known for their American Folk Art Museum, which many critics have called the best building of 2001. She followed in her father's footsteps and studied architecture and graduated from Columbia University.
Rachel Williams began modeling in when she was 21, doing significant fashion magazine work from 1988-1992. She appeared in and on the covers of Elle Magazine, Vogue, Cosmo and the J. Crew catalog as well as advertising campaigns for Absolut vodka, Calvin Klein and Revlon. She posed for Playboy in 1992 and Penthouse in 1995.
She was the subject of a bitter lawsuit battle over her being lured away from Click Model Management by Christy Turlington to change her management contract over to Ford Models, which managed Turlington.
In March 1995, her manager publicly announced her relationship with British pop singer Alice Temple:
"The simplicity of the story is what makes it really beautiful. Here are two people who respect each other and have an attraction based on their life and their lifestyle. They have a lot of time to be with each other (sharing a flat in London). They've created a life together. Rachel has no problem with the fact that she's with Alice. 'I never thought to hide it,' the megamodel known as The Amazon shrugged in coming out of the fashion closet to shocked headlines. 'I've had flings with women before, though my long-term relationships have always been with men. I was pleasantly surprised when I fell for Alice!'"[1]
Williams also stated in 1995 on the short lived late night talk show, Lauren Hutton and... that she was bisexual and "...can have fun with either gender."
She was one of the presenters of The Girlie Show (1996) a Channel 4 television programme which became notorious as an example of ladette vulgarity.
She appeared in Strangers with Candy in the episode Yes You Can't (2000) as Dr. Rachel Williams, Supermodel

I adore her:wub:

Random ads

hfgl

For someone who was such a presence at the time - at the same time as Christy, Cindy, Linda et al - she doesn't get remembered much. Certainly not as much as she's due.

Elle US January 1989
ph.Gilles Bensimon

scanned by me

With Christy Turlington for Vogue US December 1987

Bwgreyscale

:heart::heart::heart:

From US Elle

bwgreyscale

Follow that girl:The ugly battle over a supermodel's defection.
By Armen Keteyian

New York Magazine
6 Mar 1989

books.google.com

Very interesting article!On top of learning about the whole model luring model to other agency "scandal" there is so much about how Rachel got started in modleing and just her in particular.

Reposting the first page of the article,uncut.

books.google.com

HFGL:heart::heart::heart:
What a great start to my day seeing this thread:clap::buzz:It's pretty much unbelievable that she didn't have one:shock: maybe because she didn't actually model as long as other girls from around the time she started.

She is the embodiment of the word glamazon even though she has a very sweet face.:crush:
The pic with Christy Turlington from Vogue US is beautiful:Dand I've never seen it before.
I will try and contribute to this thread soon.^_^

For someone who was such a presence at the time - at the same time as Christy, Cindy, Linda et al - she doesn't get remembered much. Certainly not as much as she's due.
No she doesn't!I fell in love with her through her American Elle work in the late 80's,and later on when i saw all her earlierVogue covers and editorials i was stunned she was THAT popular back then.Stunned by elated.I have much more to post but this for now.

Role Models

ph. Gilles Bensimon

Elle US June 1989

scanned by me

Rachel is an enigma, because she looks like a blonde all-American model, yet there's a distance about her, a sense that you can't touch her, this rebel in the form of a beautiful woman. And when she looks at you, she's looking AT you, the eye contact is so strong and direct.

:wub:
I agree tigerrouge,i find her particularly hypnotizing here.Those eyes!
Elle US

hfgl

Going through her pics,i noticed there are a ridiculous amount of pics where she's looking down.

i think there is only one of those not by Gilles Bensimon.I don't know if she was directed to look down,or it was a pose she liked to do.But i find it very interesting.Especially after talking about the way she looks at the camera,at us.

hfgl

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monaeblount
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->