Rachel Zoe debuts as handbag designer

I also agree on the above comment on high prices. I'm assuming JL isn't doing so well...so they need SOME kind of marketing scheme...

I predict a lot of celebs wearing these, but only because they got them for free. :ninja:

kimair said:
she's a vegetarian but wants to use animal skins in her bags?
am i the only one who finds this a bit odd? :blink:

No I totally agree but I know plenty of people who are like that. It's more of an appearance and health concern than for the ethical treatment of animals. Some vegetarians don't eat meat because it keeps them slimmer/healthier but also think fur and animal skins are stylish. :/

Anyways, back on topic. :P

Erin said:
Am I the only one curious to see what they look like? :unsure: I don't mind Zoe, myself. She has my dream job.

I'm curious to see what these look like as well. I'm expecting them to be tacky, but I'm still really curious.

pink_lipgloss said:
I'm not really a fan of Rachel, but i am curious to see these bags

I'm not either...but I'm sure she is a wonderful person and hopefully has some great designs for the bag line. i'm interested to see what they look like as well.

seeing the name "mac daddy" being said all through this thread cracks me up, lol. but anyway, i agree with full frontal. she'd be better off in like the hundreds range than in the thousands.

hm, the price range is a real turn-off.......otherwise it should be interesting to see the results, i usually like her style.

This is awful.

After they're seen on her girls arms, you all kknow they will be EVERYWHERE in a seccond. No matter how much they are.

When will she just go away???

kimair said:
she's a vegetarian but wants to use animal skins in her bags?
am i the only one who finds this a bit odd? :blink:

i'm sorry, i don't see the point...
the bags that judith leiber designs are fine...
why add the "rachel zoe" name?

Perhaps she's a vegetarian for non-ethical reasons? :lol:

My bet is that Leiber's demographic is dying off ... remember her ads last season, with Nelly, another rapper, and Ivana Trump? :blink: This season she's got a young lady who lunches--a demographic that probably hardly exists. JL probably needs a shot in the arm, and Zoe is probably the one to give it ... Looking forward to pix ...

Perhaps she can use her own skin for her handbags, it certainly looks like leather.

tifa said:
Perhaps she can use her own skin for her handbags, it certainly looks like leather.

:rofl: OK with me ... I guess it would need to be a limited edition, though, as there's not much of her ... ^_^ There wouldn't even be enough for all of her most famous clients B) :lol:

fashionista-ta said:
:rofl: OK with me ... I guess it would need to be a limited edition, though, as there's not much of her ... ^_^ There wouldn't even be enough for all of her most famous clients B) :lol:

:lol:

It's news like this that gets me really down about the state of popular fashion.....

I'm curious to see it but like other said I think the name "Mac Daddy" alone would be enough to make me not want to buy it. But I honestly don't think most of the handbags would be that bad, just drastically overpriced.

Although I also do think it odd that she used such exotic animal leather for her bags. I don't eat meat, but I wear leather, although I try and keep it a a minimum of a few very used items. But python ? And lizard ? just thinking of a lizard bag makes my skin crawl.

You know how vintage alligator bags sometimes have the head and feet included? I was thinking this could be done with the "Rachel" bag, and you could prop your giant shades on the nose ... what do you think? :lol: :ninja:

i definitely do not have very high expectations for these bags. they all just sound so very tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alice730
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->