Ramosport Calls Back Colonna for an Encore

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Published: Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ramosport Calls Back Colonna for an Encore
By Rosemary Feitelberg

NEW YORK — The edgy capsule collection Jean Colonna designed for Ramosport this fall has been so well-received that he will do the honors again for the entire spring collection.
Colonna, who worked at Pierre Balmain and Claude Montana before setting out on his own, is using some unexpected combinations, just as he does with his own ready-to-wear collection. A seersucker peacoat with an airplane-type seat belt and another lace-trimmed coat in a Liberty floral print are two of the more unusual styles in the 50-piece spring collection, which features seven different fabrics.
It will be offered in 250 stores this spring in the U.S. and Canada, and will wholesale from $155 to $330.

For his second run with Ramosport, Colonna had to tone things down a bit for American customers. Wilkins said she told Colonna, "My American customer wants to look fantastic, but she will only spend a minute or two putting on a coat."
To keep things simple, the designer used Velcro closures for a few looks and the entire collection is water-resistant.

In recent seasons, Ramosport has used guest designers to cultivate a loyal following, especially among European women with a certain élan. Linking the brand with edgy firms such as Hussein Chalayan and E2 has proved to be a winning strategy for Ramosport chief executive officer Muriel Mesguich.
As for the collaboration with Colonna, Wilkins said, "We definitely plan to work with him again, but we might have someone [else] do the limited fall collection."

wwd.com

accompanying photo...

kind of a crappy pic...but that's all there was...
would like to see all of it though...
longtime fan of jean colonna's work...

Thanks for this article, softgrey :smile:
I'm going to look up ramosport now

You and I both,Softie. He always had the elements of Demeulemeester and Margiela but with a bit more of a glam tinge. Just moody. I actually had been wondering what he's been up to since he never shows anymore.

Thanks for the news :flower:

Okay,I just realised you posted this back in August :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
And there's a crafted-by-hand feeling to some of the accessories he uses, which made me think of you, Scott.

I might post a 2000 collection by him later...it's very dark, lots of black

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradabananas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->