Karl Copies E2's For Ramosport Trench Coats

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
Trench Coat Mystery Solved!
Chanel's sellout spring coat was not the first of its kind

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

00370f.jpg

Chanel’s tweed-trimmed trenches ($4365, above) look a lot like the coats from another Paris-based design group. Ramosport, an outerwear company, commissioned the visionary team Michele and Olivier Chatenet of E2 last September during Paris fashion week to customize twenty of their classic trenches with hardware embellishments for a window display at the ultra-hip rue Saint-Honore store Colette. The limited edition collection flew out of the windows in just two days and onto the backs of every fashionista sitting front row. The very next month, Chanel showed their beige mini-trench with black and white braiding and had a similar response. “We sold out of the trench immediately,” a spokesperson for Chanel said but declined to comment on the similarities between the jackets.

Ramosport sold out of their $2000 limited edition trench at Barneys but offers a grommet-ed version at Bergdorf Goodman for $715.

Its very likely and possible. Does anyone have a photo?

i'm not sure its a copy, because i've seen the fantastic E2 trench at Colette and i think the :sick: Chanel ones were not something to compare really.

best thing about the E2 concept was that each and every one was completly unique :heart: i've read that one of the high profile US depeartment stores will repeat the E2 trench concept for the US market (excuses for not remembering the name of the store, but if you happen to be in NY , just be on the lookout, apart from the price tag (which is somehow reasonable since the trenches are one of a kind) their work is really exceptional and very original)

I'm not that surprised but I still love the Chanel trenches :P

After all the acid drops that Kaiser Karl has been spitting over such ' pauvres ' as Michael Kors , together with his recent ' duff ' collections , we can now add ' plagiarism ' to his list of crimes !!!!! :angry:

Isn't it time that Karl were trussed up to a ginormous ****- kicking machine , for say , like 200 years , in order for him to become a better person and expiate his sins of arrogance and egoism ? :P

KIT :innocent:

Karl's great - he keeps the caudices in line...

I don't really see it as much of a plagiarise just an influence...

Originally posted by kit@Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:04 am
After all the acid drops that Kaiser Karl has been spitting over such ' pauvres ' as Michael Kors , together with his recent ' duff ' collections , we can now add ' plagiarism ' to his list of crimes !!!!! :angry:

Isn't it time that Karl were trussed up to a ginormous ****- kicking machine , for say , like 200 years , in order for him to become a better person and expiate his sins of arrogance and egoism ? :P

said with a john wayne drawl...

well, those are some pretty fancy words there, pardner....(pilgrim :wink:

oh goody... shall we start a-karl lagerfeld,why do people hate him so much-thread to go with the ysl one...... :flower: :lol:

when ghesquiere does it, it's plagiarism, but when lagerfeld himself does it, it's influence only. so much hypocrisy.

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:09 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 22nd, 2004 - 1:09 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-kit@Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:04 am

said with a john wayne drawl...

well, those are some pretty fancy words there, pardner....(pilgrim :wink:

oh goody... shall we start a-karl lagerfeld,why do people hate him so much-thread to go with the ysl one...... :flower: :lol: [/b][/quote]
oops...slip o the tongue... i meant to say to go with the tom ford thread...at this point i'm not loving any of them all that much... :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->