Real life fashion Icons

posterchild

Reaction score
Ok hi, I was wondering if there's any real life people that you know that have fashion that really shocks u? (in a good way of course:wink: ) Ok there's this girl in my university and she has the most amazing style..... I bump into her around school alot and everytime she has a different look. Its like one day she's very Japanese street style and the next day she looks very boho and another she looks very feminine n pretty n classy chic... How can people do that? it seems like she has such a good sense of style, in ever possible style there is... n seh can pull off so many looks too.. most people have a few looks they stick by, but she can go from like one end of fashion to the other.... She was semi gothic one day n I generally don't like the gothic look, but she looked SO good with it...

Sometimes the only reason that keeps me going to school is to see if i can bump into her n look at her clothes.. Oh god, I sound obsessive n stalker like... since i don't even know her name!
is this normal, i mean other than celebrities r there people you know that really inspires u in fashion?

I wanna just get a camera and snap her different outfits

^ no, I'm going to keep this thread separate, since the muse thread is about famous fashion icons. I'm quite interested to hear about the real-life people who we take inspiration from.^_^

my real life fashion icon is my grandmother. while I wouldn't wear the things she wears (obviously, she's in her late 60's!), I really admire the way style is so effortless for her. she knows how to put things together and always looks chic and refined, yet she is so unfussy and matter-of-fact in her approach. :heart:

There's a girl in my college called Alex, she is so stylish it hurts, right at this moment she's going through the black Audrey Hepburn phase. It's so refreshing

my grandma she always bought me loads of clothes when i was a child when she was still alive and she was always ahead of the ftrends by loads. I was the best dressed infant about lol. She brought me up, and its her i thank for my love of fashion.

AWWWWWWWw

tiamaria said:
my grandma she always bought me loads of clothes when i was a child when she was still alive and she was always ahead of the ftrends by loads. I was the best dressed infant about lol. She brought me up, and its her i thank for my love of fashion.

ur post really warms my heart, that's so sweet. Post some pix of her or you as an infant i want to see..

my gramma is chinese and she was very elegant in her 20s, she dressed int hose traditional long dresses "kay-po" (like maggie in in the mood for love) and she also knitted me alot of clothes as an infant... I m seriously like this human yarn doll or something...

arr thank you. Just read it through again sorry about all the bad spellings. Cant at the moment sorry some idiot brother of myn borrowed my scanner and then splilt coke on it and it is now broken. He is buying me a new one soon, so i will then.

I love traditional chinease clothes they are so pritty.

My mother. She dresses up to go everywhere. If she's going to the supermarket, she'll put on her best heels. :heart: haha, she's so high-maintenance and my dad and I think it's so adorable. :lol: Plus she's got a gorgeous figure for a woman in her fourties and amazing legs. Skinny, toned and flawless. God, I'm jealous...

I know a lot of stylish people, and I am openly jealous to them :blush:

There are two girls in my school who dress very well. It does help that they are both tall, very thin and model-like, so everything fits them well. They make even simple pieces look effortless. The other one of them has a quite classic style, although sometimes it is a little bit too preppy for me. The other one is a little bit more extravagant, and wears more trendy clothes, but never looks like a fashion wh*re. The latter girl's mother is also the epitome of style... she's an elegant Russian business woman who shouldn't be living here in Helsinki but in Paris.

Then there's another girl who's family has got a lot of money and therefore this girl has got a lot of clothes. Her mother has an impeccapable taste, and she's taught this to her daughter too. Here again, I adore both the mother's and daughter's style.

There's a woman who lives near me to whom I bump into sometimes. She's got long, long hair and classic clothes. She has no idea I always secretly look behind her in the street :blush:

I think my grandmother was sometimes very stylish, especially in her youth. She had the perfect hourglass-shape, and she looked like a more natural Marilyn Monroe in bathing suit.

Then there are of course tFSers who's style I admire, especially Voodoo_Mary's and Susie Bubble's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->