Reeve Carney

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
I'm officially over Ryan Gosling. I saw Reeve perform last week on American Idol with Bono and The Edge to perform a song from the Broadway musical in which he's starring, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark.

He's also the lead singer of the LA-based band Carney.

I wasn't sure if we should categorize him in music or what... so I put him here.

A few photos to kick off the thread...

Along Came a Spider-man

When Reeve Carney was a child, his parents would suggest career options to him while he slept. ‘‘I didn’t know this till much later,’’ says Carney, who claims to have decided to be an entertainer at 8, ‘‘but they told me that they used to whisper ‘doctor’ and ‘lawyer’ in my ear because they were both musicians and wanted me to have an easier life than they had.’’

They worried needlessly. A versatile performer whose great-uncle was Art Carney of ‘‘The Honeymooners,’’ Carney, 27, has made a respectable living, first as a child singer and actor, and more recently as the frontman for the Los Angeles-based rock band Carney. This month, he appears as prince Ferdinand in Julie Taymor’s screen adaptation of ‘‘The Tempest,’’ opposite Helen Mirren. And next month he appears on Broadway as Peter Parker and his superhero alter ego in the musical ‘‘Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,’’ which is also being directed by Taymor and has been scored by Bono and the Edge of U2.

(continued)

15remix-carney-blog480.jpg

Reeve in US Glamour

carneyglamour1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
she dated Lisa Marie from The Veronicas. It was pretty couple!

Get outta here! Reeve has a fashion spot thread?? :D
I love him too!! He's dreamy and a good singer! Here he is being all perfect!:crush:
I prefer his hair shorter, than the emo cut he's sporting in the pics above! :D

^ Ahhh, thank you for posting!

I do like the short hair. :flower:

Here he is on American Idol w/ Bono & The Edge... I can't stop watching this!

:heart: oh Reeve..for Erin!:D

heckyesreevecarney.tumblr.com
contactmusic.com
justjared.com

videos! he's a fine musician too..the boy is perfect! *faints* :lol:

Looks wise, he reminds me a bit of James Franco when he was younger and Jeff Buckley a bit. I don't want a movie about Jeff, but Reeve is a good enough match, face wise, and seems like a cool kid, so I wouldn't be upset if he was the one playing him! (as opposed to the other rumored actors :ninja:)
Doubt it though!

Why, thank you! I definitely prefer his hair messy whether short or long. :heart: I hope this is just the beginning for him, though I know he's been with his band in LA for a while now? :heart: :heart: :heart:

Yes, he had some small EP's out in '04 and '08, but his first non live, studio album, Mr.Green Vol.1, came out last year. As far as his movie career goes, that's pretty new too, starring properly in movies (meaning he was not an extra) from 2009. So, he's still a baby career wise, but amazing new things are sure to come! I know it!:D

Well he was in Julie Taymors god awful version of The Tempest film recently. I'm talking as someone deeply rooted in the theatre community and I've met him a few times, I guess the polite way of putting it is, he's not crippled by self doubt that's for sure (watch any Spiderman curtain call) and sadly as pretty as he is it does make the show any less of a horror to sit through. don't be fooled by the clips, it's truly terrible. He's dating his Spiderman; TOTD co-star Jen Damiano atm, as much as they've tried to keep it quiet, the whole of Broadway knows about it.

New video for Rise Above 1 and a very cute interview!

My wish came true!!:woot: He will play Jeff Buckley in the original biopic!!

Hiding Out With Reeve Carney

640x417-1.jpg

If you can walk through Times Square without tripping over a rolling suitcase, getting impaled by an errant umbrella, or obstructing a tourist’s cell phone photo op, you might hang a left on Forty-third Street and find yourself at the back door of the Foxwoods Theater. If you make it past security, punch in the proper code, and navigate your way through the bowels of the building, you’ll come across a door covered in autographs, perhaps from old inhabitants or recent admirers. Behind it is a dressing room the size of a small walk-in closet that belongs to Reeve Carney, more commonly known as Peter Parker‚ or Spiderman. He is the star of the most expensive musical production in the history of Broadway.

Whether strumming a guitar or putting up one of dozens of Post-it notes on the wall referring to key changes and time signatures, the young star of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark is perfectly content in this cloistered existence, where he spends his days writing songs—that is, when he isn’t reading up on his latest fixation, the doomed musician Jeff Buckley (more on that later), or preparing to save New York City from mutant forces of evil (most specifically, a bioterrorist madman who calls himself the Green Goblin). Today, Carney is offering this writer a stick of gum as I marvel at his Spiderman-branded toilet seat, only a few feet from where I sit blocking the exit on a small sofa.

“It was really an accident,” Carney says with a charming laugh. He’s not speaking of one of the five notorious incidents resulting in injuries that plagued the start of the show’s previews in 2010—prompting the city’s more ravenous media outlets to declare the play a doomed cataclysm. He’s referring to being cast in the first place as a singing, dancing—and most conspicuously—flying crusader on the Great White Way. “It’s weird, man. It’s not something that I ever thought I would do.”

Raised between New York and Los Angeles, Carney was brought up around show business (his great-uncle was the well-known actor Art Carney), but he’d by all means hedged his bets on becoming a lifelong musician, after studying jazz guitar at USC’s Thornton School of Music. In 2010, his band (also named Carney) released its debut LP. “In some ways I thought, Oh man, this might make me look like a joke as a musician. Spiderman is the most high profile production I’ve been involved with, so many people might think acting is primarily what I do, but I couldn’t pass it up.” Performing six nights a week to sold-out audiences also packs in its fair share of front man rehearsal for the budding rock star. “It’s an amazing experience for anyone who’s a rock-and-roll musician,” he says, “because the diligence it requires is hard to compare to anything else. I haven’t worked quite this hard since I was in high school.”

640x417-2.jpg

He recalls the play’s preview period as “intense,” in what might be the understatement of the century. Delays, rewrites, and crew changes—including the well-publicized departure of director Julie Taymor—delayed the play’s official premiere so much so that reviewers weighed in with polarizing reviews before the play officially opened. “We were in previews for ten months and it was like a twelve-hour day job every single day.”

Though he repeatedly voices his gratitude for the experience and for the acceptance the Broadway community has shown him, the reluctant actor maintains that it is his band that he hopes will keep him occupied for the rest of his life. It was his music, after all, that landed him the gig in the first place. “I was playing a concert at the Mercury Lounge,” he says. “Julie Taymor was invited by a friend of mine and ended up being intrigued by what we do as a band. She said, ‘I think you should audition for my film, The Tempest.’” Carney landed the part of Ferdinand. Following this, he auditioned for three months for the role of Peter Parker before he was cast.
Speaking with Reeve Carney, his fortuitous thrust into the limelight doesn’t come across as a colossal shock. With chiseled features, disarming friendliness, and an earnest attitude toward work, he wouldn’t seem out of place in a Tiger Beat centerfold, or brooding in a Twilight film. On the day we sat down, the media continued a running commentary on Mr. Carney’s relationship with Twilight saga actress Ashley Greene—a topic he politely prefers to keep out of the conversation.

Romantic and gymnastic opportunities aside, Carney has also found himself playing to a massive stadium of people, opening for U2 on the final stop of their infamous 360 tour, after Bono and the Edge—who composed Spiderman’s musical numbers—extended the invite to him and his band. Even the supposed jinx that ushered Spiderman into the press seems to have worn off, with the play reportedly bringing in a million dollars per week at the start of 2012. Faced with the opportunity to move on as a free agent, Carney chose to extend his contract through May. “I was having a good time,” he says. “I hope that the show runs for as long as possible, so the people who invested can make all of their money back…and then some.”

Next, the emerging star will tackle another big on-screen role, that of the late singer Jeff Buckley. “I don’t want to mimic what he did, but I want to capture his essence. The role is a step forward but also represents something of a blissful stasis for a now-established performer and musician. “I get to sing, act, and play guitar all at once,” he marvels. “If I could play music 365 days a year—write songs, perform them live, and record them, I would be so happy.”

Meanwhile, at around seven fifteen p.m. on any given week night, if you emerge from the back of the Foxwoods Theater you’ll see hordes of excited ticket holders lining up around the block.

640x417-3.jpg

Source: vman.com

thank you so much mr.falconer!!:woot: Reeve photographed by Bruce is wonderful!! (and yummy :brows: :D)

A few months old, but worth posting.

September 8, 2012: Singer / actor Reeve Carney attends Edun Spring 2013 at Skylight Studios at Moynihan Station in New York City.

Reeve+Carney+Edun+Front+Row+Spring+2013+Mercedes+BhgVdELrHkll.jpg

Chelsea Lauren/Getty via zimbio

^He's sooo good looking :crush: Thanks Erin! :kiss:
And (un)fortunately we're going to see more of him, he's starring in the new Taylor Swift video..I think it comes out in a few days, he tweeted about it.
(That's not the publicity you want Reeve :( )

^ melfreya, I know. I saw some photos yesterday from the shoot and was a bit stumped...

Here's a peek at behind-the-scenes from his video with Ms. Swift...

"Love Story" songstress Taylor Swift shot for a new music video with a handsome co-star on November 19, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.

Taylor+Swift+Taylor+Swift+Continues+Shooting+LzUzg8i-_Zxl.jpg
Taylor+Swift+Taylor+Swift+Continues+Shooting+ulKcAeBb-_Xl.jpg
Taylor+Swift+Singer+Taylor+Swift+gets+cozy+mkY3Jcdyfhll.jpg

PacificCoastNews.com/FameFlynet Pictures via zimbio

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"