Richard Quinn F/W 2024.25 London

Looks like a collection for Beyoncé or Adele…

Beyond bored of Quinn. There’s no real energy to this and stagnates the moment it is presented.

So much of this fits so poorly too. You can see some things have tried to be pushed to have a certain “obscure conceptual shape” but it’s just bad. With such heavy handed fabrics everything looks like a strung out deflated ballon.

A couple of the black dresses with the shawl like neckline in white weren’t bad but of course any hopes for an improvement in his designs disappeared the moment the rejected costumes for a Diana Ross presentation ca. 1971 reared their ugly head…it only went downhill from that.

Many of these clothes look like they were put together on cardboard boxes instead of dress forms, so little is their rapport with the female form. Raf’s designs could be awkwardly finished but at least the body of the models didn’t look encased in plaster and mother-of-the-bride florals.

iono the show notes, but why is there two collections in one? is he making a play for the wedding industry?

i saw the white dresses in motion and a few were fine. as if they aren't as photogenic as they could be. but with the first half, goodness it reminded me of dior and valli. i'm realizing how underrated giambattista is influencing people. his use of floral prints is notorious at this point.

it's like quinn went digging through their trash or did backdoor deals to get his hands on rejected drawings and voila! his fw24 collection comes to life. the execution wastes all energy put into just thinking about this collection.

lack of execution (and originality) is a plague at this point with LFW

Undoubtedly one of the better offerings shown throughout London Fashion Week. Richard Quinn has always been a personal highlight during LFW of mine and this, for me, is no different. I love the volumes, the fabrics, the sense of ladylike glamour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->