Rick Owens F/W 2024.25 Paris

About a 1/3 of it is stunning. It could use some serious editing.

I always love when Rick leans into his love of 30’s Hollywood screen sirens…so the looks that are more evocative of that are doing it for me.

I don’t even mind the inflatable boots - they create a sort of attractive proportion. But I hate the ridged ones.

It is better than the previous one, but it seems I have a fundamental misunderstanding or deep-rooted dislike for his aesthetic. I like his home and venue choices much more than his clothes. His womenswear is miles ahead of his menswear though.

Looks like they held two sequential shows to fit all the attendees

i cant with swimming caps being a trend this season. he is good at refreshing his basics every season even with this crazy styling.

The shearling hooded capes and the amount of knitwear is really comforting.
But there’s something really annoying lately about Rick Owens, his fans and the whole thing.
When I want to remember the Rick I used to love, I go on YouTube and watch his work pre-2018

I like the knit gowns with the Salome-esque hair and the metropolis shoulders but overall something about it feels so sparse and lazy.

And to think Rick was one of my favourites...pre-Tyrone era, how much I miss you!
I was expecting exactly what he delivered: a womenswear version of his last menswear collection.

Ever wonder how Leigh Bowery spermatozoids would look like under a microscope? This collection lets you know!

Also, those plunger boots...wtf!!!

020bd64e9b0de30090e97db33c9de589.jpeg

media.adeo.com

Incredibly lazy. Nice knitwear and capes, and appreciate the drops of mustard to break up the palette but this doesn't really do anything at all. And I don't really tolerate the fact that several looks are "jacket on, jacket off" to "short jacket to long coat to another long coat" with the base being the same.

Those that he wants consuming this will lap it up like hungry rabid dogs, so it pleases that court. It's just pointless to present a 53 look collection as that when so much of it is actually the same thing shown two to three times, just with a change of a layer.

How depressing it must have been for people to get up early on a Thursday morning to go to this show.

I only wish they were lucky enough to have gone to Chloé later that day 😃

It was exciting a few seasons back but unfortunately its now getting monotonous. There's a market for him and he knows what they want so one cant blame him. That poor girl in the second last look looked rather uneasy, I don't think she was comfortable walking stark naked Infront of the crowd, she seems rather young too. Some looks should be saved for the more seasoned models not innocent new faces.

boring. some of the knit dresses are fine, but it's all so boring. and dare i say, reserved.

it's like he's tempered or meditative, so this is all we're gonna get. cold, stale crumbs.

I find myself having a really hard time forming a fair opinion on the actual clothes while having to try looking past the deranged psycho axe-murderer hair and make-up moments. Absolute jump-scares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChameenVT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->