Rick Owens Menswear F/W 2024.25 Paris

Lord, save this man from the perils of self-complacency...
I saw the show and I got two take-aways:
1) This man would rather jump out of the window than showing wearable footwear. Those models in inflated boots are painful to watch and a fully fledged gimmick, which I do not expect or want to see from Rick
2) Poor Michelle Lamy looking ever more shriveled, sitting in her tyre-like bustier top, almost perched on top of it.

I lost track of the exits at a certain point, it just all looked so deja-vu and formulaic, despite the effort to look freakish and non-conform...

p.s.: as the last independent designer out there, and a very intelligent one too, I do not understand why RO doesn't go the Alaïa way, and show when he's got something to say (maybe giving the buyers some showroom fodder in the meantime), instead of sticking to the calendar just to churn out an endless parade of gimmicks.

The shoes look like abscesses ready to be punctured and drained.

What is the point of this? Besides existing as some "emperor's new clothes" spectacle, why is this here? It is funny to experience because of how painfully difficult the models find it to navigate in that sadistic Prada Spring 2009 kind of way, but still it's excessive without actually doing anything.

The most interesting thing though is seeing the amount of people in the audience that perked and gave these cooing eyes of adoration towards Rick when he came out in this odd pick-me kind of way. Props to him for creating his own cult and echo chamber, can't help but feel like it's a high fashion MLM scheme though.

Him showing at his house in that intimate setting reminded me of his intimate shows for Revillon…A simpler time!

I can somehow deal with RO womenswear because I can still picture myself in it and I do buy from time to time there but RO menswear has such a Fashion Victim connotation to it now for me…

All I see is stuff for people to stunt on social media. So it’s quite obnoxious…
But the knitwear is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->