Rick Owens S/S 2025 Paris

a lot of this is ripe for parody
(get rid of those awful stupid hoof boots!!!)

i'd like to see more of those diaphanous prints that we only see at the end; perhaps there's romantic potential somewhere in there ...

I have watched the show (yes, I was that bored). Rick is totally stuck, this feels like a designer´s block of sorts (or maybe he does not care more about designing at all).

It´s just a parade of variants of the same ideas he has been making in the last years: the platform boots, the monster shoulders, the "turd" volumes...It feels like rejected versions of them all, condensed in one collection. Instead of "Hollywood" he could very well have titled this "Leftovers".

The show was also in the same place, with the same fog machines, the same contact lenses worn by models, the same people throwing flowers petals...the same everything.

Let´s hope he breaks up soon with Tyrone, so he can focus again in making clothes.

RO has been, for past several seasons, what represents the christian lassen of today.

Didn't watch either BUT my face mask took 25 min so I just pressed play and listened while I laid with my eyes closed. Was a beautiful piece 🩷
what is it? classical, or fcking techno? you're making me want to do the same, unless it's techno obviously..

what is it? classical, or fcking techno? you're making me want to do the same, unless it's techno obviously..

It’s worthy watch. But for all the wrong reasons.

Instead of successfully convincing everyone how versatile, inclusive and welcoming his funeralwear work for a diverse cast of body types and sizes— it’s giving a budget Rick Owens convention of DEI cast, with a noticeable number of midwestern moonfaced, pleasantly-plump goth cosplayers in dated DIY Warcraft costumes, awkwardly marching slowing so that they don’t stumble or even fall having descend and ascend all the steps. It’s a cruel fate for many of the overweight, inexperienced women to squeeze into the burrito-shaped fashions and wear those silly platforms. And the woman opening the show slightly stumbling in those silly Warcraft DIY platforms— while the finale with the group of plus-size women struggling to navigate up just the flight of 3 steps by tugging/pulling/lugging their restrictive skirts and teetering in their platforms, just slaps the sloppy wannabe-spectacle into a pedestrian whimper from beginning to end. If he wants to be inclusive of all shapes and sizes, he needs to actually make the effort to design for all shapes and sizes; not just one-design-fits-all laziness. It's all so insincere.

Watch the video, Mullet!

(...OMFG... The MS Paint witch hat on Tyrone @susseinmcswanny ...)

yeah i dunno how i was supposed to feel about watching a seemingly endless parade of clearly nervous/inexperienced folks slowly trod their way around a courtyard in massive boots while wrapped up in lurex mummy costumes staring down the whole time so they don't completely biff it on wet concrete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->