Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2008

chessmess

Reaction score
NEW YORK, December 10, 2007 – For Spring, Roberto Cavalli took a left turn into soft romanticism. Pre-fall found the Italian designer in a more pragmatic mood. Yes, a touch of the seventies carried forward in a smart suede coat and full-legged jeans, but the focus here was on high-gloss evening looks, be it in the form of a sleeveless tuxedo or stunning but wearable flowing dresses in fuchsia or flower-printed black silk.

– Laird Borrelli-Persson
0005m.jpg
0004m.jpg

0003m.jpg
0001m.jpg

style.com

dare i say i like some of this?! i dislike the magenta peices, but almost every black outfit is absolutely stunning...

I like the thigh high slit black dress at the end only. Everything else has been done before and looks cheap, especially the purple pieces.

I feel like he's given up his personality. Some may say tacky, but before you knew what he was all about. I'd say his first and unfortunately last truly good collection was f/w 06. F/w 07 wasn't bad either, but this is unacceptable.

His H&M line far surpassed this at a fraction of the price.

Not the typical Cavalli style.
I think he's trying to make changes recently, what we should do is just waiting for the Fall/Winter show to come.

I think some pieces look pretty good. I like the last three dresses a lot.

....and as a side note...Ana looks stunning.

I have to say, I don't get the high fashion vibe off this collection. This could have been designed by anybody. And despite the range of colors, the clothes seem a bit drab and cheap. The only dress that I sort of like is the last one. I'm disappointed- I was hoping for better.

the brown coat and green jacket in the first post is amazing. expecially the green...love that shade of green. it makes the look 'pop' the bloack dresses with flowers printed at the hem are simple and stunning. the small purple dress is boring... but all in all, still love cavalli. can;t wait to see the direction he's going to take for his next collection!!! weeeee........

A very small amount of animalprints.
But I still think it's very Cavalli because all of the pieces are very flattering on a woman.

The green jacket is hot!

Everything here has been done before. It reeks of Just Cavalli, which I think that his mainline should not. There should be a big difference in a mainline and a diffusion line especially in terms of quality, design, cuts etc...

this doesnt look anything like roberto :unsure:
he has a very specific market and he is risking that with new experimentation...
nice but wouldnt buy these designs off him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->