Ronald van der Kemp Haute Couture F/W 2015.16 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Laurent Folcher
The second RDVK demi-couture project by designer Ronald van der Kemp was presented in a grand, empty apartment near Place de la Concorde — and it proved just as fun as the first. The designer has been sourcing leftover exotic skin from a handbag factory in Italy as well as couture fabric from late Dutch designer Frans Molenaar to create his chic and slightly wild one-of-a-kind pieces.
To wit: matte-black croc mixed with black lace for a pencil skirt; strips of pink python assembled into a short fitted dress; and a striped black-and-white kimono fabric used for a large skirt with an obi belt paired with a big-shouldered jacket. Van der Kemp excelled at his freewheeling mix of Eighties couture references with wilder Seventies touches, seen in bell-bottom jeans and a black-mesh T-shirt patched with vintage American flags. The haphazard feel of the mismatched mother-of-pearl buttons on a silk chiffon blouse or the collage of fabrics and patches on his artsy T-shirts made his very personal take on couture fascinating. No wonder Kate Moss is already wearing it.

wwd.com

This to me is the definition of 'new age couture'. The attention to detail in every look is incredible and the use of furs and exotic skins is never excessive.

If you look past the wacky presentation of the collection you will discover that there are some really great pieces here. I love the great jackets and the first floor length red skirt along with the black lace pieces. Its a more modern type of couture. Not over the top ball gowns and suits but more relaxed and casual garments with modern edge.

The presentation is great I quite like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blipster
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->