Ronald van der Kemp Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

When at a time PFW and HC lets any costume designer that can pay show, and the likes of Olivier Rousteing and Daniel Roseberry are desperately attempting to capture and convince with their brand of contrived whimsy and fantastical with their HC, Ronald is the real thing, the genuine deal. His is so effortless, light, easygoing and naturally whimsical, satirical and fantastical for a real woman that doesn’t require a team of stylists to dress her, and she can wear these separates with her other pieces, easily.

Pure gaudiness, but pure joy, charm, and life as well.

An expensive made-to-measure Parsons graduation show.

The Magic of RVDK unfortunately died when he started to have shows. I remember those magnificent lookbooks, super edited but also very strong!
His sensibility reminded me a bit of the energy of Christophe Decarnin. They are from the same generation I think.

RVDK is a seasoned designer and so, it’s a pity to see the kind of collections we have to attach to his name.

Nothing is working here. And neither the casting or the presentation are helping his case!

He’s committed to his cause, but runway presentations just don’t work for him. A tighter edit or styling with the looks would have helped a lot too. Needs a better balance to create some more tension between them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noircheese
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->