vogue

Dior Homme F/W 2016.17 Paris

vogue

Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2017 Milan

vogue

Gucci S/S 2017 Milan

vogue

The Breakouts
Fashion is, and has always been, an industry in thrall to the new—new looks, new fabrics, new shapes, and, most visibly, new faces. This year has brought a wave of breakout male models who have quickly become runway favorites in their short time in the business, eleven of whom were photographed by Fanny Latour-Lambert in the flea market of the Parisian suburb of Saint-Ouen and dressed by Gaelle Bon in quintessentially French style as Paris Fashion Week came to a close last month. With models hailing from places as varied as Germany, China, Nigeria, and the American Midwest, our roundup of some of this year’s new catwalk stars is larger than ever—although still nowhere near definitive. As the men’s circuit comes to a close after the New York shows ended last week, take a look at eleven of 2016’s new faces we’ll be keeping an eye on in the years to come.
Photography by Fanny Latour-Lambert (Walter Schupfer Management) for Models.com
Styling by Gaelle Bon (AGENCE SAINT GERMAIN)
Grooming by Rimi Ura
Casting by Jonathan Shia and Betty Sze
Text by Jonathan Shia
Stylist’s assistant: Pauline Moreira

Ruben Pol, 19, Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands
Few debuts in recent memory have been as notable as Pol’s, who was discovered on Instagram before opening and closing the Dior Homme show last summer as a worldwide exclusive. “I hadn’t even walked a show before so I didn’t know what it was like. I was really, really, really nervous but I really didn’t know what to expect,” he recalls. “When I entered the catwalk, I was like, ‘Holy ****,’ because I didn’t know how many people would be there and how many cameras. Afterwards I started realizing how big a deal it was when, my next season, everybody recognized me like, ‘Oh you did Dior, oh you did Dior.’” This year, he walked for Dior again, as well as Fendi, Gucci, Burberry, Dries Van Noten, Ferragamo, and Craig Green. Now modeling full time, Pol plays the guitar whenever he has the chance and says he plans to eventually return to school to study industrial design, but he is happy taking advantage of his chance to travel and learn as much as he can about the industry. “I think it’s a great opportunity for everything,” he says. “You travel, you meet a lot of people, you develop yourself, and you see a lot of places and a lot of different kinds of work.”
models

Last edited by a moderator:
He has joined the model-youtuber train!

If you wanted to know more about Ruben, he has a new Q&A video up with Jesper Trip.

Marco de Vincenzo F/W 2017.18 Milan

vogue.com, nowfashion

Last edited by a moderator:
Ermenegildo Zegna S/S 2019

Ruben_Pol.jpg

Nowfashion

I'm surprised he's never done Prada. He fits very well with their aesthetic

Esquire Netherlands November/December 2019

Tegenpol

Photographer: Atlynn Vrolijk
Stylist: Clyde Semmoh
Grooming: Bianca Fabrie