Ruslana Korshunova

^thank you so much. I've never seen that picture before! Yes, unforgettable!

here's this beautiful editorial , mostly because Ruslana smiles in every picture. The rest is at post #290

vk

Backstage shooting in Cuba for KENZO campaign. By photographers Angelo Cricchi and Susanna Ferrante

Lost and Found Studios's vimeo

^thank you all so much. I'm in love with that last video and the pics. I'm so glad this thread is active again. Still miss her and can't believe time passes by so quickly.

With all the beautiful smiling pictures, it's so hard to believe that she was such a sad girl!

all her friends say she was a happy girl, positive and loving life
smth has later changed, but we don't know why she fell to begin with

Hey, I found this info. This just in case any of you has the magazine :innocent:

You magazine - Bohemian Rhapsody (30 January 2005)

KAZAKHSTANI MODEL RUSLANA - 1 page photo feature

crazyaboutmagazines.com

Do you have any clue what could have happened?
I remember some of her personal writings were published (or maybe she had posted them online herself?) and from the sound of it, yes, she was depressed and overwhelmed. A lot of people with depression can put up a front that can be deceptive to friends & family. There were some weird conspiracy theories about her death but I think the reality is simpler, she was (at least sometimes) a very lonely and unhappy girl, unfortunately.

I remember some of her personal writings were published (or maybe she had posted them online herself?) and from the sound of it, yes, she was depressed and overwhelmed. A lot of people with depression can put up a front that can be deceptive to friends & family. There were some weird conspiracy theories about her death but I think the reality is simpler, she was (at least sometimes) a very lonely and unhappy girl, unfortunately.

What I wonder is how could she afford to rent an apartment in Manhattan with her model incomings, i've heard they are hiper expensive, and who convinced her to rent it, she wasn't a Gisele Bundchen... questions, questions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Going through this thread sometimes I can't help but wonder why she wasn't more popular in the industry:unsure:. She fitted into soo many aesthetics & It would've been nice seeing her walk some A-List, bluechip brands:neutral:

Going through this thread sometimes I can't help but wonder why she wasn't more popular in the industry:unsure:. She fitted into soo many aesthetics & It would've been nice seeing her walk some A-List, bluechip brands:neutral:

I share your opinion. Ruslana was such a beautiful girl that it is curious why she didn't have the kind of attention/work other models had (like Vlada, Candice or even Mona J. if we focus on height). All we can do are suppositions. That her height was an issue, perhaps she was truly quiet and shy around strangers and the kind of person who would rather develop a great friendship than get to know everyone hence she wouldn't stand out much in castings/backstage, that she was not versatile enough (e.g. Coco Rocha), maybe it was something related with any of her agencies... :unsure: who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->