Ryan Taylor

photos from www.modelhommes-forum.com
Ryan11.jpg

how old is he? He looks so young. For sure, he has a little something... I don't like him on the runway but on print he's really cute!

Cute, but comes off as a little too emo for me :D

Football player a `natural'
Jul. 6, 2006. 06:54 AM
BERNADETTE MORRA
FASHION EDITOR

Talk about starting at the top.
Ryan Taylor's first modelling job this spring was for Paris-based Vogue Homme. His second assignment was with Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, who are most famous for shooting the Louis Vuitton ads with Jennifer Lopez and Uma Thurman. And this, Ryan's rookie runway season, garnered an impressive 15 shows, including Prada, Yves Saint Laurent, Jil Sander, Lanvin and Alexander McQueen.
Pretty exciting stuff, even for a football-crazed 16-year-old who, until very recently, could barely name a fashion designer.
"I'm in shock," says the blue-eyed captain of defence for the Burlington Stampeders, a AAA rep team. Ryan is also on the swim team at Notre Dame high school in Burlington and he loves to ski and snowboard. All pursuits that contribute to the well-sculpted limbs now commanding big bucks.
The 6-foot-2 jock admits modelling never occurred to him.
But then two female classmates suggested he give it a try. "I thought they were just being, you know, friendly," recalls Ryan, who flew home from the Paris shows on Tuesday. "I didn't think I was good looking enough to model."
Apparently the world's top photographers, designers and stylists feel differently.
"I am sure he will be a top model," says Ryan's Paris agent Catherine Dieudonné of Success Models. "He has a very fresh look. He looks very innocent, not like a model. And even though he is very young, he has a natural elegance. We don't see that very often. Usually with young models, we have to explain everything to them — how to walk, how to dress, how to wear the clothes. We didn't have to explain anything to Ryan."
"He didn't get it from me," says his father, Frank, a commercial real estate sales rep who is of English, Irish and Scottish descent. Ryan's mother Sabina, an insurance broker, is a German and Egyptian blend.
It was Frank who picked up the ball after Ryan's friends suggested modelling. He recommended waiting until football season ended and then they visited some Toronto agencies. Industry veteran Elmer Olsen introduced the Taylors to IMG in New York, with whom they have signed.
"Now they are telling us we should be thinking about moving him to New York and putting him in private schooling. It's very overwhelming," Frank says.
Ryan has no qualms about delving further into the image-obsessed world of high fashion.
"I thought everyone would be stuck up and snobby, but everyone has been down to earth and friendly. They even treated my dad really well, especially at Prada. Everyone came up and introduced themselves and said how great it was for him to be there for me. There are a lot of 17- and 18-year-olds with no one watching them, and they can get into trouble."
Ryan admits he has kicked his "average teen wardrobe" of baggy jeans and T-shirts up a notch with designer freebies, super tight jeans and white shirts for castings.
He is getting used to having his hair done and redone several times a day. But the makeup "drives me nuts," he says.
"They pile it on and it's really itchy. They put it on hours before the show then you sit and wait for the show to start."
Despite the foundation and eyeliner, his football buddies have "been really accepting. There's been no teasing."
And as for his success with the girls? Modelling has "had quite a positive effect."

He ahs a good attitude, but he's so...innocent still. His dad came with him, that's cool, usually only the female models have chaperones. But still I find his look average.

Wow! :woot: So I guess his eyebrows are natural.
I was sure they were drawn to make that broody look. I like them!! I even tried to have them myself.:lol:
How nice for him to have his dad there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->