Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2019 Milan

i love the colour palette, and it's nice to see that the silhouettes aren't overwhelmed or distorted by unnecessary accessories and over the top styling. At the very least the collection is fluid and highly wearable, and the cast of models is flawless.

The clothes are 100% luxury, however the styling helps giving a twist of fashion.
The footwear is to die for and the cast is fabulous.
Not a fan of the tailoring tho.

I'm slowly warming back up to Ferragmo. The departure of Giornetti was a disappointment to me because I genuinely liked his work. However, this show and last season have been pretty well executed. I like that there going back to classic Ferragamo, I missed the overt display of luxury.

Those pictures doesn’t do justice to the collection. In motion, it’s really great and the palette is quite gorgeous. Those really muted tones with some pop of vivid colors, the leather and all.
The cut of the dresses really creates a beautiful movement to the leather.

The menswear is a bit weak and kills the strength of the collection.

The cast shows that they have a clear understanding of the customer.

Overall, good collection

I'm assuming they don't really want to scare away Ferragamo's basic men's customers? Because I find it terribly pedestrian. Very much in the Jacquemus vein. It will sell, no doubt about that.

It's really with the women's line where we see some experimentation with colour and structure. Not to my liking in most cases, but I find it overall cohesive and beautiful to look at in terms of colour.

I actually found the menswear much stronger than the womenswear. Its a pity , Ferragamo is struggling while Gucci is making billions selling tonnes of garrish trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->