Samantha Francis

kellynjane

Reaction score
The girl who was kicked off America's Next Top Model in the second episode of cycle seven has been signed to Elite. She's nineteen years old and from Alabama, and she was my favorite on the show from the beginning, but does she have what it takes to break the Top Model curse?

(fashionista)

I thought it was stupid to kick her off because she wasn't "sexy".
She doesn't have to be "sexy".

But didn't they kick another girl for being too sexy? Tyra can't make up her mind.

they're really looking for versatility. not too sexy, not too innocent. although I think the innocent look has gotten a lot of girls really far..

And one more interview:

IGN: Did you generally enjoy your experience on the show?

Samantha: Yeah, it was great. The girls were all great and the photo shoots were fun and it was just great overall.

IGN: What have you been up to since then?

Samantha: After we stopped filming I was working at Wet Seal and now I'm going to just pursue modeling completely.

IGN: What's your favorite thing about modeling?

Samantha: Oh goodness. Probably the clothes.

IGN: That's a fair, honest answer. Let's talk about the last episode. In it, you had to portray a high school girl with a bad reputation. What were you personally like in high school?

Samantha: I was on the dance line and on the soccer team, so I guess, I don't really know. I got along with everyone. I never really had a problem with anybody. I skipped school a lot my senior year.

IGN: Your teachers are going to read this.

Samantha: Oh, they know. They all know. They're like, "Samantha, see you in class… Oh, wait, no." Probably not. They would just wave at me.

IGN: I never got away with skipping, ever.

Samantha: The only time I got in trouble was… I skipped a marine biology class, and he saw me or something and he had to report it because the principal was like right there.

IGN: How do you get out of getting reported normally? Kinda smile and keep walking?

Samantha: 'Cause I was in art, too—I was really big into art when I was in high school, like drawing… and I still am—I would just say, "I'm going to the art room to work on a project," and then just not go. Or I would go down there and just hang out.

IGN: There you go. Maybe you should have had a reputation for cutting class on the show.

Samantha: Yeah, I shoulda been that person.

IGN: Would you ever willingly live with that many girls again?

Samantha: No. [Laughs]

IGN: What's it like being in that situation?

Samantha: It's so hard to explain because girls are so different than how guys are.

IGN: I mean, I've lived in a house with 15 girls before, so…

Samantha: It's just like they're nice to your face [but] sometimes they'll talk about you and you'll hear it and you wanna get mad, and that's what happened a lot. Somebody would be talking about someone else and someone would overhear it and then drama would happen, but I tried to stay on everybody's good side and talk to everyone. It probably wouldn't have been as bad if there had been more than two bathrooms.

IGN: That's how they get you. They set it up for drama.

Samantha: Yep.
IGN: Had you watched the show in preparation… Had you seen a bunch of seasons prior?

Samantha: I've seen 'em all. I didn't watch all of them when they were airing with the premiere. I'd always catch up on the marathon thing. I've seen all of them.

IGN: Do you feel like it prepared you in any way?

Samantha: Yeah, just knowing that you're going to be crammed into a house with the girls and there's only going to be like one or two bathrooms, and you always know there's going to be a runway challenge and you're going to learn how to walk and there's probably going to be one nude shot… they always try to do something to bring you out of your comfort zone to see who's going to crack under the pressure.

IGN: Do you feel like it's model boot camp?

Samantha: Not really, I really don't. It seems like if they were really trying to teach us how to do this, they would be with us all the time. You know, they would teach us how to pose, and we would have more than one walking lesson and if it was really boot camp, that's how it would be to me.

IGN: How was it working with the Jays?

Samantha: They are really great. Miss Jay is hilarious. He's very honest. Mister Jay is… he's cool. I didn't really get to talk to him that much.

IGN: What did this experience teach you about yourself?

Samantha: I always wanted to get out of my house and be on my own, be independent, and kind of just move away and start modeling on my own, and being in that house, it made be realize how important my family was to me and how much they support me and I just appreciate them so much more now.

IGN: Was it hard to see yourself on TV?

Samantha: It was weird. I still don't feel like I've been on the show, and the first thing I noticed is, I really sound that Southern.

IGN: You sound a little Southern.

Samantha: 'Cause at home it isn't bad. There are people who are so much worse than me. And then the funniest part is that whenever they were interviewing me, they would play the little country, steel guitar music in the background. That's… weird.

IGN: You don't feel like there should be steel guitar playing behind you when you talk in real life?

Samantha: No!

IGN: What would your soundtrack be if you got to pick it?

Samantha: Oh, gosh. I would have Ryan Adams and The Honarary Title and The Magic Numbers and Taking Back Sunday.

IGN: I like that you like The Magic Numbers.

Samantha: I love The Magic Numbers.

IGN: Do you think the models on the show are mainly there to model, or do you think people are there to become famous?

Samantha: I think some people are there for the fame and the recognition. I personally wasn't. I don't want to be a reality TV star; I want to model. That's what I wanna do. I think Brittany really realized she wants to do this and I think Renee wants to do it, because she's had a little experience before, from what she told me. JL, out of all of them is probably just doing it for the fame, because she's like a band manager or something.

IGN: Who did you bond with most in the house?

Samantha: Brittany and Renee.

IGN: Do you have any funny stories between you guys?

Samantha: Well, it didn't show me talking to me at all, so probably all of them. It's weird… I met Brittany at the Atlanta castings. It's where I tried out for the first time and so we've known each other since that first attempt to get on the show. So, we went through all the cuts together and everything, but Renee was just realty sweet and she really did care. She seemed like she really cared about me, and we just got really close. I just wish they had showed me actually talking to other people.

IGN: Does it shock you that with a camera in your face the whole time how little each person gets on the show?

Samantha: Yeah, it was weird. There was always a camera there. I mean, you kind of get used to it. After the first day, you're kind of like, "yeah, whatever." But it's weird how they edit. They show so much of one person and none of the other girls.

IGN: Were you excited to meet Tyra?

Samantha: Yeah. I wasn't as shocked as some of the girls when we saw her at the first casting panel, because I knew she was going to be there because I've seen the show and she's the host of the show, so she's obviously gonna be there. I was just kind of like, "Oh hey!"

IGN: I always think it's funny when everybody freaks out and runs up to her like they weren't expecting her to ever be around. Thanks a lot for talking!

Samantha: You're welcome.

IGN: Good luck with modeling in the future!

Samantha: Thank you!

(ign)

shes the right age, shes the right height and shes gorgeous. i wish her luck, but i dont know. every girl so far that was supposed to "break the top model curse" (ann, mollie sue, nicole, whoever) hasn't done it so far.

The only decent girl from Cycle 8. She is young, 5'10, has a great face, and neck. Sort of Emina Cunmalaj-esque aswell.

344qlqc.jpg
2ezjyg9.jpg

2nvyo13.jpg
ifq639.jpg

iof4lh.jpg
2ighdt4.jpg

30ng1gy.jpg
288tgtl.jpg

26209bn.jpg
2j1mo87.jpg

Samantha
Knit Magazine - Fall 2007