Sedene Blake

Awe i like her she become one of my favs, i wished she did more shows during fashion week...

Banana Republic S/S 11 NYC
bananarepublicss11nyc6.png

*style.com

how cuuute.... "you know" :D at least it wasn't 'like'

nice lil interview Sedene

^ Hahaha I noticed that too. We Jamaicans though tend to use, 'aahm', 'for example' and 'you know' a lot when speaking at length or trying to give explanations. But I do agree it was a nice interview. She seems so warm and friendly yet focused on her career.

I always remember her vogue it video "I believe I can become the number 1 model in the world"

I loved that attitude, optimism, determination and simplicity of the statement.

The Jamaica Observer reports today that Sedene will be in US Vogue (jamaicaobserver.com:(

THIS November marks a year since Pulse's rising star Sedene Blake joined the top ranks of global modelling and for this milestone she has a great deal to celebrate.

For one, she has scored her first major assignment for American Vogue which now increases her appearance in fashion's number one magazine to six. She is also now appearing in glamourous garb on nine pages in this month's edition of one of fashion's finest glossies, Glamour magazine.

Blake, who was just in London for the British Fashion Council's tribute show to the late fashion design visionary, Alexander McQueen, has also scored assignments for Banana Republic, shot editorials for L'Officiel and Harper's Bazaar before heading off to Brazil for another major advertising gig.

While Sedene is busy traversing the globe for key work duties, her network of agencies headed by Pulse and which includes New York Models, Union Management in London, Nathalie's in Paris and D-Management in Milan, are reportedly all impressed with the Patrick Demarchelier-shot fashion story. The photographer teamed up with the Jamaican model to produce a rich, sophisticated and vibrant editorial, which will be appreciated by industry insiders as well as those who are simply fashion admirers.

In a piece entitled: 'Things to Wear Tonight', the fashion plot takes us through a veritable wardrobe of looks from a 'hers' tux jacket, a red hot dress, a satiny vest, a bold sheer top, a sexy jumpsuit, super wide slacks to the hottest new skinny pants for the upcoming festive season.

"It was great to work with one of the best fashion photographers in world," says the high-spirited Blake. The young model has had a remarkable freshman year with a blistering start.

It was the second time in Pulse's history that a model had created such a buzz upon her introduction into the US market and her start was beginning to resemble another of Pulse's groundbreaking stars, Nadine Willis.

As the ink settled on her contract with New York Models, Sedene scored her first job for Italian Vogue for which she copped cover credits for the Beauty edition. Before too long, she was once again stepping into the league of another Pulse history maker who had gone before her, this time Lois Samuels, who was the first Caribbean model to grace the cover of Vogue (the German edition).

Blake went on to do Teen Vogue, two editions of Russian Vogue and Vogue Pella. But, it wasn't all editorials for the lanky 5'9" teenager. Sedene had the industry queuing up for her services shortly after completing jobs for Calvin Klein and several other big clients. She virtually shattered the remarkable runway record of Pulse superstar, Jaunel Mc Kenzie and had a record 50 plus shows in her debut season.

Blake, now in Brazil on assignment for an American retail powerhouse, is looking to end her year on a high, perhaps even surpassing her incredible start.

wow :shock: can't wait to see all the new work! 2011 sounds quite promising for this new crop of up and coming models of color. sedene, liu wen, anais mali, joan smalls, jeneil, ming xi, and jourdan are all seeming to have big things on the horizon. I can't wait!!!

thanks tigerrouge :smile:

wonderful expressions and poses she acts like she's been doing this for years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->